Description of Triglyceride Risk Factors with Ischemic Stroke Patients at UKI Hospital for 2018
Stroke is a neurologic disease that results from a blood supply to the brain. Ischemic stroke is the most frequent stroke caused by thrombus and embolism. Stroke patients in urban areas, roughly 28,5 % die, the rest are either completely paralyzed or even totally paralyzed, and the rest 15 % healed. Riskesdas' 2018 data, the rate of strokes at age 75 reaches 50,2 % and the male gender with an 11 % while women are 10,9 %. One of the minor risk factors that can be controlled is high blood fat, triglycerides. That study was conducted to assess the risk factor for record triglycerides with ischemic stroke patients at the General Hospital of the Christian University of Indonesia. The study uses a retrospective descriptive method—data retrieval using medical records. Taking samples using is a total sampling method from January – December 2018 with 113 patients. Triglycerides above normal are 63 patients (55,8 %), high cholesterol total and Low-Density Lipoprotein levels is 68 patients (60,2 %) and 61 patients (54 %). Male patients has 59 (52,2 %).
2. Grawburg M, Howe T, Worrall L, Scarinci N. Third-party disability in family members of people with aphasia: A systematic review. Disability and rehabilitation. 2013 Aug 1; 35(16):1324-41. https://doi.org/10.3109/09638288.2012.735341
3. Wan-Fei K, Hassan ST, Sann LM, Ismail SI, Raman RA, Ibrahim F. Depression, anxiety and quality of life in stroke survivors and their family caregivers: A pilot study using an actor/partner interdependence model. Electronic physician. 2017 Aug;9(8):4924. https://doi.org/10.19082/4924 4. Chen RL, Balami JS, Esiri MM, Chen LK, Buchan AM. Ischemic stroke in the elderly: an overview of evidence. Nature Reviews Neurology. 2010 May; 6(5):256-65. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrneurol.2010.36
5. Langsted A, Nordestgaard BG. Nonfasting versus fasting lipid profile for cardiovascular risk prediction. Pathology. 2019 Feb 1; 51(2):131-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pathol.2018.09.062
6. Munshi A, Babu MS, Kaul S, Rajeshwar K, Balakrishna N, Jyothy A. Association of LPL gene variant and LDL, HDL, VLDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels with ischemic stroke and its subtypes. Journal of the neurological sciences. 2012 Jul 15; 318(1-2):51-4. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2012.04.006
7. Rajagopalan A, Jinu KV, Sailesh KS, Mishra S, Reddy UK, Mukkadan JK. Understanding the links between vestibular and limbic systems regulating emotions. Journal of natural science, biology, and medicine. 2017 Jan; 8(1):11. https://doi.org/10.4103/0976-9668.198350
8. Pontzer H, Brown MH, Raichlen DA, Dunsworth H, Hare B, Walker K, Luke A, Dugas LR, Durazo-Arvizu R, Schoeller D, Plange-Rhule J. Metabolic acceleration and the evolution of human brain size and life history. Nature. 2016 May; 533(7603):390-2. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature17654
9. Venkat P, Chopp M, Chen J. Blood-brain barrier disruption, vascular impairment, and ischemia/reperfusion damage in diabetic stroke. Journal of the American Heart Association. 2017 Nov 6; 6(6):e005819. https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.117.005819
10. Shuaib A, Butcher K, Mohammad AA, Saqqur M, Liebeskind DS. Collateral blood vessels in acute ischaemic stroke: a potential therapeutic target. The Lancet Neurology. 2011 Oct 1; 10(10):909-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1474-4422(11)70195-8
11. Pahlavan PS, Niroomand F. Coronary artery aneurysm: a review. Clinical cardiology. 2006 Oct; 29(10):439-43. https://doi.org/10.1002/clc.4960291005
12. Pampalon R, Martinez J, Hamel D. Does living in rural areas make a difference for health in Quebec?. Health & place. 2006 Dec 1; 12(4):421-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healthplace.2005.04.002
13. Małecka B. Long-term consequences of endocardial leads present in cardiovascular system. Modern pacemakers: Present and future. InTech, Rijeka, Croatia. 2011 Feb 14; 351-66. https://doi.org/10.5772/13733
14. Homburg PJ, Rozie S, van Gils MJ, Jansen T, de Weert TT, Dippel DW, van der Lugt A. Atherosclerotic plaque ulceration in the symptomatic internal carotid artery is associated with nonlacunar ischemic stroke. Stroke. 2010 Jun 1; 41(6):1151-6. https://doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.109.576256
15. Lavallée PC, Labreuche J, Faille D, Huisse MG, Nicaise-Roland P, Dehoux M, Gongora-Rivera F, Jaramillo A, Brenner D, Deplanque D, Klein IF. Circulating markers of endothelial dysfunction and platelet activation in patients with severe symptomatic cerebral small vessel disease. Cerebrovascular diseases. 2013; 36(2):131-8. https://doi.org/10.1159/000353671
16. Sanderson TH, Reynolds CA, Kumar R, Przyklenk K, Hüttemann M. Molecular mechanisms of ischemia-reperfusion injury in brain: pivotal role of the mitochondrial membrane potential in reactive oxygen species generation. Molecular neurobiology. 2013 Feb; 47(1):9-23. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12035-012-8344-z
17. Seike K, Koda K, Saito N, Oda K, Kosugi C, Shimizu K, Miyazaki M. Laser Doppler assessment of the influence of division at the root of the inferior mesenteric artery on anastomotic blood flow in rectosigmoid cancer surgery. International journal of colorectal disease. 2007 Jun; 22(6):689-97. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00384-006-0221-7
18. White RE, Gerrity R, Barman SA, Han G. Estrogen and oxidative stress: A novel mechanism that may increase the risk for cardiovascular disease in women. Steroids. 2010 Nov 1; 75(11):788-93. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.steroids.2009.12.007
19. Vincent MJ, Allen B, Palacios OM, Haber LT, Maki KC. Meta-regression analysis of the effects of dietary cholesterol intake on LDL and HDL cholesterol. The American journal of clinical nutrition. 2019 Jan 1; 109(1):7-16. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/nqy273
20. Della-Morte D, Guadagni F, Palmirotta R, Testa G, Caso V, Paciaroni M, Abete P, Rengo F, Ferroni P, Sacco RL, Rundek T. Genetics of ischemic stroke, stroke-related risk factors, stroke precursors and treatments. Pharmacogenomics. 2012 Apr; 13(5):595-613. https://doi.org/10.2217/pgs.12.14
21. Castelli WP. Lipids, risk factors and ischaemic heart disease. Atherosclerosis. 1996 Jul 1; 124:S1-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9150(96)05851-0
22. Andaryani NW, Nuartha AA, Adnyana IM. Rasio kadar trigliserida-kolesterol HDL serum tinggi meningkatkan keparahan klinis penderita stroke iskemik akut. Medicina. 2017; 48(3):211-5. https://doi.org/10.15562/medicina.v48i3.161
23. Pratiwi LN, Andina M. Differences in Triglyceride Levels and Total Cholesterol Levels in Patients with New Ischemic Stroke and Recurrents at the General Hospital of Haji Medan, North Sumatra Province 2015-2016. Anatomica Medical Journal AMJ. 2018 May 30; 1(2):58-67.
24. Nakajima K, Nakano T, Tanaka A. The oxidative modification hypothesis of atherosclerosis: the comparison of atherogenic effects on oxidized LDL and remnant lipoproteins in plasma. Clinica Chimica Acta. 2006 May 1; 367(1-2):36-47. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cca.2005.12.013
25. Bays HE, Ballantyne CM, Kastelein JJ, Isaacsohn JL, Braeckman RA, Soni PN. Eicosapentaenoic acid ethyl ester (AMR101) therapy in patients with very high triglyceride levels (from the Multi-center, plAcebo-controlled, Randomized, double-blINd, 12-week study with an open-label Extension [MARINE] trial). The American journal of cardiology. 2011 Sep 1; 108(5):682-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2011.04.015
26. Mandala Z. Comparison of Blood Lipid Profile Levels on Ischemic Stroke and Hemoragic Stroke In Dr. H. Abdoel Moeloek Bandar Lampung, 2014. Jurnal Medika Malahayati. 2015; 2(2):86-90.
27. Nadeak B, Iriani UE, Naibaho L, Sormin E, Juwita CP. Building Employees' Mental Health: The Correlation between Transactional Leadership and Training Program with Employees' Work Motivation at XWJ Factory. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development. 2019; 10(6):1373-9. https://doi.org/10.5958/0976-5506.2019.01489.X
28. Amaliah, R., Mokhtar, S., Namirah, H. A., Rachman, M. E., & Syamsu, R. F. (2020). Characteristics of Lipid Profile Levels in Ischemic Stroke Patients at Ibnu Sina Makassar's Hospital In 2017. Wal'afiat Hospital Journal, 1(1).
29. Amaliah R, Mokhtar S, Namirah HA, Rachman ME, Syamsu RF. Characteristics of Lipid Profile Levels in Ischemic Stroke Patients at Ibnu Sina Makassar's Hospital In 2017. Wal'afiat Hospital Journal. 2020 May 21; 1(1).
30. Hurtubise J, McLellan K, Durr K, Onasanya O, Nwabuko D, Ndisang JF. The different facets of dyslipidemia and hypertension in atherosclerosis. Current atherosclerosis reports. 2016 Dec; 18(12):1-2. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11883-016-0632-z
31. Ho ML, Rojas R, Eisenberg RL. Cerebral edema. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2012 Sep; 199(3): W258-73. https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.11.8081
32. Nadeak B, Naibaho L. The Description of medical students' interest and achievement on anatomy at faculty of medicine Universitas Kristen Indonesia. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR). 2018; 39(1):121-33.
33. Saputri, A. I., & Maulina, M. Relationship of Lipid Profile with Long Care of Ischemic Stroke Patients in The Cut Meutia Public Hospital Agency, North Aceh District. Averrous: Jurnal Kedokteran dan Kesehatan Malikussaleh, 2018; 2(1):90-102. https://doi.org/10.29103/averrous.v2i1.428
34. Saputri AI, Maulina M. Relationship of Lipid Profile ith Long Care of Ischemic Stroke Patients in The Cut Meutia Public Hospitaw, North Aceh District. Averrous: Jurnal Kedokteran dan Kesehatan Malikussaleh. 2018 Feb 16; 2(1):90-102. https://doi.org/10.29103/averrous.v2i1.428
35. Welty FK. How do elevated triglycerides and low HDL-cholesterol affect inflammation and atherothrombosis?. Current cardiology reports. 2013 Sep 1; 15(9):400. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11886-013-0400-4
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).