Natural Super-Disintegrant Agents Used in Various Oral Solid Dosage Forms
Super-disintegrating agents are one of the ingredients used in pharmaceutical solid dosage forms. These substances play a vital role in formulation design. Natural super-disintegrants have gained more popularity due to their oral bioavailability. It disintegrates the tablets into smaller particles to enhance the dissolution rate. Fast dissolving, chewable tablets, and other orally administered dosage forms consist of super-disintegrating agents which shows rapid and quick action. Natural super disintegrating agents in pharmaceutical dosage forms are very effective due to their ecofriendly nature as well as these are biocompatible and biodegradable. These are abundantly and cheaply available from nature.Today the researchers are focusing on naturally available excipients.
Keywords: Natural Superdisintegrants, Disintegration, Bioavailability, Biocompatible, Biodegradable.
2. Guptha D.K, Tyagi.S et al International Journal of Advanced Research, 2013; 1:576-583.
3. Gandhi L, Akhtar S, Journal of Drug Delivery & Therapeutics. 2019; 9(2):507-513.
4. Shivprasad H.M et al. Asian Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2012; 2:69-72.
5. Pahwa and Gupta. IJPSR, 2011; 2:2767-2780.
6. Kushagra Khanna et al. Int.J.Pharm.Res. Allied Sci.,2016; 5:311-322.
7. Mohanachandran P.S,Sindhumol P.G et al International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research.2011; 6.
8. Vikas Sharma,Vandana Arora, et al. International Bulletin of Drug Research.1,46-54.
9. Santosh Kumar R, Kumari A. Journal of Drug Delivery & Therapeutics. 2019; 9(2):461-468.
10. Rawat S, Derle DV, et al. World journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences. 2014; 3:263-278.
11. Shirsand SB, Jonathan V, et al. Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2015; 3:275-282.
12. Sujatha K.M, Rajesh K, Kishore B.M, et al. International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Research. 2019; 17:187-210.
13. Tausif Alam M D, Nayyar Parvez , et al. Journal of Pharmaceutics. 2014; 6.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).