An Ayurveda Perspective on Khageshwar Rasa W. S. R. to Rasayogsagar
The stream of ayurveda science that deals with therapeutics properties of minerals, precious stones, metals and poisonous herbs is termed as Rasashastra. This branch not only related with therapeutic properties of Rasaushadhies but deals with processing of Rasa-Dravyas. The Rasa drugs help to treats many diseases and imparts rejuvenating effects. The theories and principles of Rasashastra help to convert toxic substance into non-toxic life saving medicines. The process involved in the preparation in of such drugs need to be followed carefully and must be analyzed to ensure safety of formulations. Considering this current study presented various analytical aspects related to the Khageshwara Rasa.
Keywords: Ayurveda, Rasashastra, Khageshwara Rasa, Analysis
2. Wadekar MP, Patel RK, Preparation and characterization of a copper based Indian traditionaldrug: Tamra bhasma, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 39, 2005, 951–955.
3. Acharya YT. Rasamritam, English translation by Damodar Joshi. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Sanskrit Bhawan; 1998. Pp315.
4. Lavekar, Gandhidas. Laboratory guide for the analysis of Ayurveda and Siddha formulations. New Delhi: CCRAS-AYUSH, Ministry of Health and F.W., Govt. of India. 2009. pp 27.
5. Kumar CS, Moorthi C, Prabu PC, Jonson DB, Venkatnarayan R. Standardization of anti-arthritic herbo-mineral preparation. Res J Pharma, Biol and Chem Sci. 2011; 2:679.
6. Vagbhata. Rasa Ratna Samucchaya, Hindi teeka by Ambika Datta Shastri. Varanasi: Choukhambha Sanskrit Bhavan; II edn: 19. Pp 61.
7. Shyama SA, Rasayana S. Rasayana Sara. 5th ed. Varanasi: Shyama Sundar Rasayanshala Prakashan; 1997.
8. Lagad CE, Sawant RS, Yelambkar P. An approach towards standardization of Swarna Makshik Bhasma (An ayurveda preparation) Int J Res Ayu Pharm. 2011; 2:723–9.
9. Shinde, Application of Quality Control Principles to Herbal Drugs, International Journal of Phytomedicine, 1, 2009. 4-8.
10. Neeli R.E, Kamta P.N and Pradeep. Standardization strategies for herbal drugs-An Overview. Res, J. Pharm. Tech.,2008; 1(4): 311-314.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).