Phytopharmaceuticals and In-Vitro Antioxidant Potentials of Soyabean Methonolic Extract
Soyabean methanolic extract were used for investigation of phytopharmaceuticals and antioxidant potentials. The extract was analyzed for total phenolic compound, total flavonoid compound, reducing power, hydrogen peroxide and DPPH assay. The results depicted that the methonolic extract have broad range of antioxidants present in it.
Keywords: phytopharmaceuticals, Soyabean methanolic extract, antioxidant
2. Habibur Rahman, Manjula K, Anoosha T, Nagaveni K, M. Chinna EswaraIah , Dipankar Bardalai. In-Vitro Anti - oxidant Activity Of Cltrullus Lanatus Seeds extracts. Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 6, Issue 3, 2013, 152-157
3. Nooman A. Khalaf, Ashok K. Shakya, Atif Al-Othman, Zaha El-Agbar, Husni Farah. Antioxidant Activity of Some Common Plants. Turk J Biol 32 (2008) 51-55.
4. Eugenio Jose Garcia, Tatiane Luiza Cadorin Oldoni, Severino Matias de Alencar, Alessandra Reis, Alessandro D. Loguercio, Rosa Helena Miranda Grande. Antioxidant Activity by DPPH Assay of Potential Solutions to be Applied on Bleached Teeth. Braz Dent J 23(1) 2012.
5. Thompson, C.J.; Movva, R.; Tizzard, R.; Crameri, R.; Davies, J.E.; Lauwereys, M. & Botterman, J. (1987). Characterisation of a herbicide-resistance gen bar from Streptomyces hygroscopicus. The Embo Journal, Vol. 6, No. 9, (September 1987), pp. 2519-2523.
6. Liu K. Soybeans: Chemistry, Technology and Utilization. USA:Chapman and Hall. 1999.
7. Nooman A. Khalaf, Ashok K. Shakya, Atif Al-Othman, Zaha El-Agbar, Husni Farah. Antioxidant Activity of Some Common Plants. Turk J Biol 32 (2008) 51-55.
8. Eugenio Jose Garcia, Tatiane Luiza Cadorin Oldoni, Severino Matias de Alencar, Alessandra Reis, Alessandro D. Loguercio, Rosa Helena Miranda Grande. Antioxidant Activity by DPPH Assay of Potential Solutions to be Applied on Bleached Teeth. Braz Dent J 23(1) 2012.
9. Brand-Williams W, Cuvelier ME, Berset C. Use of free radical method to evaluate antioxidant activity. Lebensmittel Wissenschaft und Technologie, 1995;\\
10. J. B. Khan and G. P. Singh. Ethno-medicinal Plants used as Phytotherapy for Curing Diabetes. International journal of plant research vol. 1 page no. 001- 003, june 2012.
11. Khlifi S., EI Hachimi Y., Khalil Y., Khalil Y., Khalil A., ES- Safi N., Belahyan A., Tellal R. and EI Abbouyi A., Invitro antioxidant properties of Salvia verbenaca L. hydromethanolic extract. Indian J Pharmacol, 2006, 38, 276-280.
12. Trease G.E and Evans W.C., Pharmacognosy.13th edn. Bailliere Tindal, London., 1989, pp 176-180.
13. Kokate c.k., Purohit A.P. and Gokhale S.B. (2006) Pharmacognosy :23 edition. Nirali prakashan : pp :- 493 – 497.
14. Gulcin J, Elicis R, Gepdiremen A, Boyer L. Antioxidant activity of lignans from fringe free (chinanthus viginicuus L.), European food research Technol 2006,223,759-767.
15. R.Jain and S.K. Jain. Total phenolic content and antioxidant activities of some selected anticancer medicinal plant from Chhattisgarh state, India. Pharmacology online, 2011, 2:755-762.
16. Raj, H. G.; Parmar, V. S.; Jain, S. C.; Priyadarsini, K. I.; Mittal, J. P.; Goel, S.; Das, S. K.; Sharma, S. K.; Olsen, C. E.; Wengel, J. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 1999, 7, 2091.
17. Zhishen J., Mengcheng T, Jianming W. The determination of flavonoid contents in mulberry and their scavenging effects on superoxide radicals. Food chem. 1999,64,555- 559.
18. Ainsworth EA, Gillespie KM. Estimation of total phenolic content and other oxidation substrates in plant tissue culture using follin – ciocalteu reagent. Nature protocol 2007j 2(4): 875-877.
19. Alhakmani F, Kumars, Khan SA. Estimation of phenolic content in vitro antioxidant and anti – inflammatory activity of flowers of moringa oleifora. Asian pacific journal of tropical biomedicine, 2013j 3(8) : 623 – 627.
20. Raj, H. G.; Parmar, V. S.; Jain, S. C.; Priyadarsini, K. I.; Mittal, J. P.; Goel, S.; Das, S. K.; Sharma, S. K.; Olsen, C. E.; Wengel, J. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 1999, 7, 2091.
21. Kuti J.O. 2004. Antioxidant compounds from four opuntia cactus pear fruit varieties. Food chemistry.85,527- 533.
22. Rathee, J.S., Hassarajani, S.A. and Chattopadhyay, S., Liang. Antioxidant activity of Nyctanthes arbor – tristis leaf extract. Food chemistry, 2007; 103:1350:1357.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).