Formulation and evaluation of multipurpose herbal cream
Herbal cosmetics are the preparations used to improve the individual appearance. The aim of the present study was to prepare the herbal cream for the use of moistening, nourishing and cure of various disease of the skin. Different crude drugs like Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera leaves), Azadirachta Indica (Neem-leaves), Curcuma longa (Turmeric-rhizomes) and Emblica Officinali (Amla) are used to formulate the cream. The selection of ingredients based on the different medicinal properties of the agents.The cream is subjected to various evaluation parameters.
Keywords: Cosmetics, herbal cream, Turmeric, Neem, Aloe Vera
2. Kapoor S, Saraf S, Formulation and Evaluation of Moisturizer Containing Herbal Extracts for the Management of Dry Skin, Pharmacognosy Journal, 2010; 2(11):409-418.
3. Efterpi V. Christaki and Panagiota C. Florou-Paneri,Aloe- Vera : A plant for many use, Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment, 2010; 8 (2):245-249.
4. Vinchure BD., Kokate R and Patil SP., Formulation And Evaluation Of Cream Containing Curcumin And Lycopene For The Antioxidant And Antibacterial Activity., European Journal Of Pharmaceutical And Medical Research, 2017; 4(05):394-399.
5. Bhowmik D, Yadav CJ, Tripathi K. K., Sampath K.P., Herbal Remedies of Azadirachta indica and its Medicinal Application, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2010; 2(1):62-72.
6. Mehta R.M., Pharmaceutics-I,6th Edition,2018,Vallabh Prakashan ,Delhi ,55-59
7. Gupta N, Dubey A, Prasad P, Roy A, Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Fairness Cream Comprising Hydroalcoholic Extracts of Pleurotus ostreatus, Glycyrrhiza glabra and Camellia sinensis, UK Journal of Pharmaceutical and Bioscience, 2015; 3(3):40-45.
8. Mishra AP, Saklani S, Milella L, Tiwari P, Formulation and evaluation of herbal antioxidant face cream of Nardostachys jatamansi collected from Indian Himalayan region, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine 2014; 4(2):S679-S682
9. Shubhangi E. Sawant, Monali D. Tajane, Formulation and evaluation of herbal ointment containing Neem and Turmeric extract, Journal of Scientific and Innovative Research 5(4), 2016: 149-151.
10. Ebru Altuntaş and Gülgün Yener, Anti-aging potential of a cream containing herbal oils and honey: Formulation and in vivo evaluation of effectiveness using noninvasive biophysical techniques, IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 10(6), 2015, 51-60.
11. Singh Mandeep, Sharma Shalini , Khokra Sukhbir Lal , Sahu Ram Kumar , Jangde Rajendra , Preparation And Evaluation Of Herbal Cosmetic Cream, Pharmacologyonline 2,2011: 1258-1264.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).