Mother’s Mentoring Using GIGI.ID Application on Teeth Brushing Action of Elementary School Students
This research is quantitative analytic with the correlation method aiming at determining the relationship between the variable mother's mentoring using the GIGI.ID application and the student's teeth brushing action variable. The population of this study is elementary school students who have received educational intervention from a social enterprise startup that focuses on dental and oral health in the form of a healthcare platform with teledentistry features. Samples were taken using a purposive sampling technique for 5th-grade students, with consideration that students have been able to communicate well and can work together. The respondents of this study were students and their respective parents. The results reveal a correlation between the mother's mentoring variable and the student's teeth-brushing variable, with a p-value = 0.017 and a correlation coefficient. The correlation between the mother's mentoring variable and the student's teeth brushing variable is strong and positively significant before and after the educational intervention using the GIGI.ID application.Keywords: GIGI.ID application, Mother’s mentoring, Teeth brushing action
2. Jatmika SE, Maulana M. Dental and Oral Health Education for Elementary School Students through Patient Hygiene Performance Index Indicator. International Journal of Evaluation and Research in Education. 2018 Dec; 7(4):259-63. https://doi.org/10.11591/ijere.v7i4.14856
3. Maliga I, Kesuma EG, Hasifah H. Hubungan tingkat pengetahuan kesehatan gigi dan mulut dalam mencegah karies gigi anak usia sekolah. Journals of Ners Community. 2021 Dec 8; 12(2):157-67.Fatimatuzzahro,
4. Fatimatuzzahro N, Prasetya RC, Amilia W. Gambaran perilaku kesehatan gigi anak sekolah dasar di Desa Bangsalsari Kabupaten Jember. Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat. 2017 Jun 19; 12(2).
5. Siswanto SH, Abraham JF, Qurrota'Aini N, Damayanti M, Wulansari AA, Aprilia V, Guna ID, Sary HP, Nabella TI, Jatiatmaja NA, Setijanto RD. The Effect of Identification and Management of Dental Health Problems on Kindergarten and Elementary School Teachers Knowledge Levels in Keputih Public Health Center (Puskesmas). Indonesian Journal of Dental Medicine. 2019; 2(1):16-8. https://doi.org/10.20473/ijdm.v2i1.2019.16-18
6. Fitriana LB. Pengaruh pendidikan kesehatan tentang cara menggosok gigi dengan video pembelajaran pada anak usia sekolah. Jurnal Keperawatan Respati Yogyakarta. 2018 May 30; 5(2):378-82.
7. Bramantoro T, Santoso CM, Hariyani N, Setyowati D, Zulfiana AA, Nor NA, Nagy A, Pratamawari DN, Irmalia WR. Effectiveness of the school-based oral health promotion programmes from preschool to high school: A systematic review. PloS one. 2021 Aug 11; 16(8):e0256007. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0256007
8. Chrismilasari LA, Gabrilinda Y, Martini M. Penyuluhan menggosok gigi pada anak sekolah dasar teluk dalam ii banjarmasin. Jurnal Suaka Insan Mengabdi. 2020; 1(2):91-7.
9. Ratna D, Masrifan D, Tri W, Supriyana S, Lanny S. A Mobile App (Smart Dental Alarm) on Improving Tooth Brushing Skills among Early Childhood. International Journal of Nursing and Health Services (IJNHS). 2021 Feb 20; 4(1):37-41.
10. Sofiyah Y, Oktavianie E, Lusiani E. Hubungan Peran Orangtua dalam Membimbing Anak Merawat Gigi dengan Kejadian Karies Pada Anak Usia Sekolah 10-12 Tahun di SDN Dayeuh Kolot 12 Kabupaten Bandung. Jurnal Asuhan Ibu dan Anak. 2020 Apr 21; 5(1):25-30. https://doi.org/10.33867/jaia.v5i1.146
11. Nugraheni H, Subekti A, Ekoningtyas EA, Prasko P. Dental Health Education Using gigi. id Application to Elementary School Students in Banjarmasin City. Jurnal Kesehatan Gigi. 2022 Jun 27; 9(1):30-5. https://doi.org/10.31983/jkg.v9i1.8497
12. Garbin CA, Soares GB, Dócusse FR, Garbin AJ, Arcieri RM. Oral health education in school: parents' attitudes and prevalence of caries in children. Revista de Odontologia da UNESP. 2015 Sep; 44:285-91. https://doi.org/10.1590/1807-2577.0097
13. Habibi AA, Gholami M, Shamshiri AR. Evaluation of tooth brushing behavior change by social marketing approach among primary students in Qom, Iran: A quasi-experimental controlled study. PloS one. 2018 Oct 22; 13(10):e0206042. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0206042
14. Hamilton K, Cornish S, Kirkpatrick A, Kroon J, Schwarzer R. Parental supervision for their children's toothbrushing: Mediating effects of planning, self‐efficacy, and action control. British journal of health psychology. 2018 May; 23(2):387-406. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjhp.12294
15. Hoeft KS, Barker JC, Shiboski S, Pantoja‐Guzman E, Hiatt RA. Effectiveness evaluation of Contra Caries Oral Health Education Program for improving Spanish‐speaking parents' preventive oral health knowledge and behaviors for their young children. Community dentistry and oral epidemiology. 2016 Dec; 44(6):564-76. https://doi.org/10.1111/cdoe.12250
16. Indrawati, A., Badira, M. and Muhammad, I. 'Factors Affecting the Maintenance of Dental and Oral Health in Children of Elementary School of Harapan 1 Class 3 in Sumber Mulyo Rejo District Madya Binjai City', Journal La Medihealtico, 2020; 1(5):1-5. https://doi.org/10.37899/journallamedihealtico.v1i5.147
17. Lintang JC, Palandeng H, Leman MA. Hubungan tingkat pengetahuan pemeliharaan kesehatan gigi dan tingkat keparahan karies gigi siswa sdn tumaluntung minahasa utara. e-GiGi. 2015; 3(2). https://doi.org/10.35790/eg.3.2.2015.10370
18. Gustinar M. Deskripsi Cara Menyikat Gigi Pada Anak Kelas 1 Sekolah Dasar Muhammadiyah 2 Pekanbaru. Photon: Jurnal Sain dan Kesehatan. 2021 Nov 30; 12(1):20-5. https://doi.org/10.37859/jp.v12i1.2556
19. Nah JS. A study on the importance of self-directed learning on career-preparation behavior of department of dental technology students. Journal of Technologic Dentistry. 2019; 41(3):233-44. https://doi.org/10.14347/kadt.2019.41.3.233
20. Pramudita H, Riyantomo A, EkoBudiyanto N. Sosialisasi Perawatan Gigi dan Mulut pada Anak Berbasis Android. Jurnal Informatika dan Rekayasa Perangkat Lunak. 2020 Sep 30; 2(2):113-9. https://doi.org/10.36499/jinrpl.v2i2.3567
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).