Preparation of Moisturizing Lotion from Combination Extract of Clitoria ternatea Flower and Dragon Fruit Peels
Background: The skin is the organ that covers the entire human body and serves to protect the body from outside influences, so that the skin needs to be protected. The process of destruction of the skin characterized by the appearance of wrinkles, dried and cracked. Skin damage can occur due to the sun's rays. Antioxidants are needed to prevent, inhibit structural damage of the skin. This study aims to determine the best concentration from a combination of Clitoria ternatea L. flower extract and dragon fruit (Hylocereus Polyrhizus (F.A.C. Weber) Britton & Rose) peel extract in lotion formulation. The research was conducted by making extract preparation and formulate in lotion by differentiating its concentration F1 (5%:5%), F2 (3%:6%), F3 (7%:3.5%). The results: Lotion of combination Clitoria ternatea L flower and dragon fruit peel extract with concentration F3 (7%:3.5%), showed the best effect, because it gives higher moisture increase compared to initial conditions, from to 32.6% become 65.2% after 4 weeks of usage. The conclusion: Combination Clitoria ternatea L. flower and dragon fruit peel extract can be formulated as a moisturizing lotion and with best combination in 7%: 3.5%.
Keywords: Lotion, Combination, Extract, Flower Clitoria ternatea , Dragon Fruit Peels
2. Directorate General of the Food and Drug Supervisory Agency, "Indonesian Pharmacopoeia Edition III", Department of health, Jakarta: 1979
3. Dzakwan M, "Micellar Based Water Formulation of Clitoria ternatea Flower Extract Thinkers" Journal Pharmaceutical Science, 2020; 9(2):61–67. https://doi.org/10.30591/pjif.v9i2.2043
4. Purba EC, "Flower Clitoria ternatea (Clitoria ternatea L.): Utilization and Bioactivity", Journal EduMatSains, 2020; 4(2):111–24.
5. Gaudencia Mulu M, "Ethanol Extract Cream Formulation of Red dragon Fruit Skin (Hylocereus Polyrhizus)", Health Polytechnic of the Kupang Ministry of Health, 2018.
6. Rohmiyani,"Transparent padar Soap Formulation with Clitoria ternatea Flower Extract (Clitoria Ternatea L)", Health Polytechnic of Tanjungkarang, 2020.
7. Fitri K, Khairani T, Sianturi KT, Leny L, Hafiz I, "Anti-inflammatory Activity of Ethanol Extract of Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera G.) Seed Against White Male Rats Using Paw Edema Method" Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2021: 11(4):1-4. https://doi.org/10.22270/jddt.v11i4.4918
8 Iskandar B, Sidabutar SE, Leny, "Formulasi dan Evaluasi Lotion Ekstrak Alpukat (Persea americana) sebagai Pelembab Kulit", Jurnal Islamic Pharmacy, 2021; 6(1):14-21. https://doi.org/10.18860/jip.v6i1.11822
9. Leny, Ginting EE, Hafiz I, "Formulation and Evaluation of Candlenut (Aleurites moluccana L.) Oil in Gel Preparation", Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, 2020; 8(5): 41-43. doi.org/10.22270/ajprd.v8i5.842
10. Diana V, et al, "The Effectiveness of Pandan Wangi Leaves (Pandanus Amaryllifolius Roxb.) Body Scrub Formulation in Smoothing the Skin", Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, 2022; 10(1):1-5. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.22270/ajprd.v10i1.1072
11. Leny, Fitri K, Marantina R, Ginting PA, Syamsul D, Hafiz I, "The Moisturizing Sheet Mask Formulation of Black Soybean (Glycine soja) Ethanolic Extract", International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 2020; 29(4):9045-9051.
12. Ginting I, et al, "Utilization of Ambon Banana Stem (Musa paradisiaca var. sapientum (L)) Ethanol Extract as Moisturizing Sheet Mask, Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics", 2022; 12(2-s):25-29. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.22270/jddt.v12i2-s.5415
13. Khoirunisa I, Masruriati E, Wicaksono W, "Formulation of Ethanol Extract Cream for Red dragon Fruit Skin (Hylocereus Polyrhizus) and Bacterial Activity Test (Staphylococcus Aureus)", J Pharmacy, 2018;7(2):54–61.
14. Lisa A, "The Potential of Extract Butterfly Pea Flower (Clitoria ternatea L.) as a Local Natural Dye for Various Food Industry", Canrea Journal: Food Technology, Nutritions, and Culinary Journal, 2019; 2(1):32-37.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).