Corona Virus (COVID-19) Symptoms Prevention and Treatment: A Short Review
There is a new world health crisis threatening the public with spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease-2019). Since 2019 when Covid-19 emerged in Hunan seafood market at Wuhan, South China and rapidly spread throughout the world, the virus outbreak has been declared a public health emergency by the WHO. Corona virus causes respiratory infection including pneumonia, cold, sneezing and coughing while in animal it causes diarrhea and upper respiratory diseases. Corona virus transmitted human to human or human to animal via airborne droplets. Patient shows various symptoms like fever, cough, sore throat, breathlessness and fatigue. The disease is being cured through general treatment, symptomatic treatment and by other methods. This review outlines the Epidemiology, Diagnosis, Management and prevention of this fatal disease.
Keywords: Coronavirus disease-2019, COVID-19, Respiratory Syndrome, Symptoms, Prevention, Treatment.
2. Huang C, Wang Y, Li Z et. al., Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China. The Lancet 2020; 395:497-506.
3. Perlman S, Netland J. Coronaviruses post-SARS: Update on replication and pathogenesis. Nature Review in Microbiology 2009; 7: 439-450.
4. Ahmad S, Hafeez A, Siddqui SA, Ahmad M, Mishra S. A Review of COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease-2019) Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention. Eurasain Journal of Medicine and Oncology 2020; 4(2):116-125.
5. Kumar D, Malviya R, Sharma PK. Corona Virus: A Review of COVID-19. Eurasian Journal of Medicine and Oncology 2020; 4(1): 8-25.
6. Chen C, Zhang XR, Ju ZY, He WF. Advances in the research of cytokine strome mechanism induced by Corona Virus Disease 2019 and the corresponding immunotherapies. Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 2020; 36(6): 471-475.
7. Bennardo F, Buffone C, Giudice A. New therapeutic opportunities for COVID-19 patients with Tocilizumab: Possible correlation of interleukin-6 receptor inhibitors with osteonecrosis of the jaws. Oral Oncology 2020; 106: 1-2.
8. Rose JS. Interleukin-6 family cytokines. Cold Spring Harbor Perspective Biology 2018; 10(2):1-17.
9. Lupia T, Scabini S, Mornese PS, Perri G, De Rosa FG, Corcione S. 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak: A new challenge. Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance 2020; 21: 22-27.
10. Yang Y, Peng F, Wang R, Guan K, Jiang T, Xu G, Sun J, Chang C. The deadly coronaviruses: The 2003 SARS pandemic and the 2020 novel coronavirus epidemic in China. Journal of Autoimmunity 2020; 109:1-17.
11. Wu C, Chen X, Cai Y, Xia J, Zhou X, Xu S, Huang H, Zhang L, Zhou X, Du C. Risk factors associated with acute respiratory distress syndrome and death in patients with coronavirus disease 2019 pneumonia in Wuhan, China. JAMA International Medicine 2020; 180(7):1-11.
12. Lippi G, Simundic AM, Plebani M. Potential preanalytical and analytical vulnerabilities in the laboratory diagnosis of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Clinical Chemistry Laboratory Medicine 2020; 58(7):1070-1076.
13. Gennaro FD, Pizzol D, Marotta C, Antunes M, Racalbuto V, Veronese N, Smith L. Coronavirus Diseases (COVID 19) Current Status and Future Perspectives: A Narrative Review. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2020; 17 (2690):1-11.
14. Hopman J, Allegranzi B, Mehtar S. Managing COVID-19 in low- and middle-income countries. JAMA 2020; 323(16):1549-1550.
15. Chin AWH, Chu JTS, Perera MRA, Hui KPY, Yen HL, Chan MCV, Peiris M, Poon LLM. Stability of SARS-CoV-2 in different environmental conditions. The Lancet 2020; 1.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).