Study of morphological parameters and germination index of Trigonella foenum-graecum L.
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.), plant is widely distributed throughout the world and which belongs to the family Fabacecae. Fenugreek ( Trigonella foenum-graecum L.), is an annual herb. Morphological parameters of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.) was observed that the shoot length of seedling (3.408 cm) and root length of seedling (2.583 cm) . Fresh weight of seedling of root and shoot were recorded (0.834 and 0.119 gm.) and dry weight of seedling were found approximately eight time less (0.111 and 0.010 gm.) than the fresh weight of seedling. Vigor index of Fenugreek were found (560.064) and moisture content was (0.792). Stomatal index of abaxial side was more (12.671) than the number of stomatal index on adaxial side (10.011). The germination percentage of seeds was (96.774 %). The percentage of seed germination was higher (100 %) in 10 ppm and 20 ppm of IAA and KI, comparatively the period seeds took for germination is very shorter (two days). The percentage of seed germination was low ( 20 % ) in 30 ppm of (2, 4-D) after five days, ( 50 % ) in 20 ppm of (2, 4-D) after five days, ( 70 % ) in 30 ppm of (2, 4-D) after five days.
2. Indrayan A.K., Sharma, S., Durgapal D., Kumar, N. and Kumar M.,: “Determination of Nutritive value and Analysis of mineral elements for some medicinally valued Plants from Uttaranchal”. Current Sci 2005; 89:1252-1255.
3. Metcalfe C.R. and Chalk L.,: Anatomy of the Dicotyledons. Vol I & Vol II. Clareitdon Press, Oxford, England. 1957.
4. Nadkarni, K.M.,1976: Indian Materia Medica VOL I & II.Popular Prakashan Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai
5. Newall, C.A., L.A. Anderson, and J.D. Philipson.. Herbal medicines: Guide Broad-Spectrum “antibacterial activity of Trigonella foenum-graecum”.Nat. Prod.Sci. 1996; 7(1):13-1
6. Nudrat Z, Sayed and Usha Mukundan. “Medicinal and aromatic plants of India Part I, In: Khan and Khanunm, A (eds). Ukaaz Publications, Hyderabad. 2005
7. Srinivasan S, Stevens M and Wiley JW Diabetic peripheral neuropathy: Evidence for Apoptosis and associated mitochon- drial dysfunction. Diabetes 2000; 932– 1938.
8. Subrat N: Ayurvedic and Herbal Products industry: an overview in: Proc Wise Practices and Experimental learning in the conservation and Management of Himalayan Medicinal Plants, Kathmandu, Nepal. 2002.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).