Novel Analytical Method Development and Validation for Cefotetan New β-Lactam Antibiotics in Bulk and Dosage Form
The aspire and intention of the present study is to expand moreover authenticate a novel as well as rapid reverse phase chromatography separation technique for the estimating Cefotetan in bulk as such active pharmaceutical ingredient and dosage form to justify the presence of drug in the developed dosage forms and give satisfaction towards presence of medicine and its assay estimation. As the drug Cefotetan compendial monograph is not available in Indian Pharmacopoeia and British Pharmacopoeia, but a compendial monograph is available in United Sate Pharmacopoeia i.e. USP-40. USP monograph has a drawback that the standard solution and sample solution must be kept away from the light and to be used within 90 minutes after freshly preparation and which is time consuming, expensive and non eco-friendly method. To overcome these problems a new method is developed and validated in this research.
Keywords: chromatography, Cefotetan, HPLC method
2. Indian Pharmacopoeia (IP-2018).
3. British Pharmacopoeia (BP-2017).
4. United State Pharmacopoeia (USP-40).
5. Billet R, dull shaded R, Phyllis e. , (1998). Progresses for chromatography: selectivity upgrade to HPLC, vol 39 p. 264 - 5.
6. Connors, ka. Liquid Chromatography-A. , (1998). Span book from claiming pharmaceutical examination. Third ed. New York: Willey Interscience; p. 373-438.
7. Gennaro ar Also Remington. (2000). The science Furthermore schedule with respects on medication regardless store. Twentieth ed. Lippincott Williams Furthermore Wilkins; Vol 1 p. 587-610.
8. HPLC stray pieces Essentials of liquid chromatography (HPLC) obligingness about Agilent Advancements, inc.
9. Mendham J, Denny RC, Barnes JD, thomas m. Vogel's perusing material from claiming Quantitative engineered examination. , (2002). Sixth rendition. Pearson training; p. 2-10.
10. Sevgi tatar Ulu1 and Muzaffer Tuncel. (2012). Certification from claiming Cefoxitin using liquid chromatography for fluorescence finding to pharmaceutical Arrangements, human Plasma What's more mankind's pee. Journal about chromatographic Science; 50:433–439.
11. L. M. Gerald, Merl A.C. Penicillins, Cephalosporin and other ß-Lactam Antibiotics. Goodman and Gilmans the Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics New York, Pargamon Press, (1990) p.1065.
12. Madhusudana Reddy T, Shreedhar M and Jayarama Reddy S, (2003), Voltametric behaviour of cefotetan and cefpodoxime proxetil and determination in pharmaceutical formulations and urine. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 31(4), 811-818.
13. Silber Michael B, Andrew J. Falkowski, Zee M.Look, Hideyo Noguchi.Determination of cefixime in biological samples by Reverse- Phase High Performance liquid Chromatography .Journal of chromatography.1987; 422: 145-152.
14. Castillo M, V.Girona, C.Pacareu, A.Riera, R.Pouplana, J.Bolos. Spectrophotometric determination of the soundness of AN ampicillin-dicloxacillin suspension. Journal of Pharmaceutical & Biomedical Analysis. 1988; 6 (1): 23-28.
15. Shahnaz Gauhar, Hafiz Muhammad Arshad, Raheela Bano, Iyad Naeem Muhammad. Development of HPLC-UV Method for Analysis of cefotetan in Raw Materials and in Capsules. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2009; 2(1): 53-65.
16. Ajit R. Wankhede, Prashant Y. Mali, Vikram Karne, Anubha R. Khale, C.S. Magdum. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for simultenous estimation of cefotetan in tablet dosage form. International Journal of Pharmaceutical & Biological Archives. 2010; 1(2): 317-320.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).