How Temperature Pharmacology Was Formed: History in Personalities
It is shown that temperature pharmacology is a new scientific and practical direction in which the local interaction of drugs is considered taking into account the local temperature of selected parts of the body. It is indicated that the main provisions of this direction were formulated in Russia by 1988. Catalysts for the formation of a new direction were the results of in vitro experiments with isolated mitochondria at different local temperatures. The chronology of the resolution of contradictions between the existing public opinion and new ideas about the role of local temperature in the mechanism of action of drugs in hypoxia and ischemia is indicated. Scientists, doctors and journalists who were the first to believe in the prospects of temperature pharmacology are listed. The first scientific articles and inventions that formed the basis of a new scientific direction are presented. The latest achievements and visible prospects for the development of temperature pharmacology in medicine, biology, pharmacology and pharmacy are indicated.
Keywords: history of science, pharmacology, pharmacy, medicines, local temperature.
2. Urakov A. L. Recipe for temperature. Izhevsk: Udmurtia.1988. 80 p. (in Russian)
3. Kräuchi K. How is the circadian rhythm of core body temperature regulated? Clin Auton Res 2002; 12:147–149. DOI 10.1007/s10286-002-0043-9
4. Urakov A.L., Kasatkin A.A., Urakova N.A., Ammer K. Infrared thermographic investigation of fingers and palms during and after application of cuff occlusion test in patients with hemorrhagic shokk. Thermology International. 2014; 24 (1):5–10.
5. Urakov A.L. The history of the formation of thermopharmacology in Russia. Advances in Modern Natural Science). 2014; 12:29-38. (in Russian)
6. Urakov A.L. Fundamentals of clinical pharmacology. Izhevsk: Izhevsk polygraph plant.1997. 164 p. (in Russian)
7. Urakov A.L., Strelkov N.S., Lipanov A.M., Gavrilova T.V., Dementiev V.B., Urakova N.A., Reshetnikov A.P. Newton's binomial as a "formula" for the development of medical pharmacology. Izhevsk: Publishing house of the Institute of Applied Mechanics of the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2007, 192 p. (in Russian)
8. Urakov A.L., Ammer K., Dementiev V.B., Urakova N.A., Gadelshina A.A. The contribution of Infrared Imaging to Designing a “Winter Rifle” – An Observation Study. Thermology international. 2019; 29(1):40 – 46.
9. Kravkov N. P. Fundamentals of pharmacology. Edition 14-е. L.: OGIZ; 1933. (in Russian)
10. Negovsky V.A. Reviving the body and artificial hypothermia. М.: Medgiz, 1960. (in Russian)
11. Urakov A. L. Cold in defense of the heart. Advances in Modern Natural Science). 2013; 1:32–36. (in Russian)
12. Urakov A.L., Ushnurtsev S.A., Zamostyanova G.B. On the effect of hypothermia and antianginal drugs with malonate-like effects on glycolysis and oxidative phosphorylation of the myocardium. Pharmacology and toxicology. 1983; 1:51–54. (in Russian)
13. Urakov A.L. Hypothermia-like effect on the heart as a principle of pharmacotherapy of myocardial ischemia. In book: Problems of clinical and experimental pharmacology and side effects of medicines. Tbilisi. 1983: 66 – 67. (in Georgia)
14. Urakov A.L. Using hypothermia to find basic ways of pharmacological protection of the myocardium from damage in the early period of acute ischemia. VINITI deposited. 1983; 6954–83 Dep. 12 p. (in Russian)
15. Urakov A.L. Hypothermia-like changes in myocardial metabolism as a criterion for evaluating the protective effect of antianginal drugs. In Booc: Experimental and clinical physiology of blood circulation. Interuniversity collection. Cheboksary.1983: 70-73. (in Russian)
16. Urakov A.L. Using hypothermia to find basic ways of pharmacological protection of the myocardium from damage in the early period of acute ischemia. Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine).1984; 4:512. (in Russian)
17. Selye G. Prevention of necroses of heart by chemical means. М.: Medgiz. 1961. (in Russian)
18. Kondrashova M.N. Сontrol of mitochondria respiration at increasing influences on the cell. Biophysics.1970; 15:312.
19. Kondrashova M. N., Grigorenko E. V. Manifestation of stress at the level of mitochondria, their stimulation by hormones and regulation of hydroaeroions. Journal of General Biology.1985; 46 (4):516-520. (in Russian)
20. Shnol S.E., Kondrashova M.N., Scholz H.F. On the multiphase nature of the dependence of the adenosine triphosphate activity of actomyosin and myosin on various effects. Questions of Medical Chemistry).1957; 3 (1):54. (in Russian)
21. Shnol S.E. Heroes, villains and conformists of Russian science. Moscow. 2010. Ser. Science in the USSR. Through Terni to the stars. (4-th edit.). (in Russian)
22. Shnol S.E. They don't know what they're doing. Nature).2013; 11:94-96. (in Russian)
23. Urakov A.L. Cold in defense of the heart. Science in the USSR).1987; 2:63-65. (in Russian)
24. Urakov A.L. Medical thermo-pharmacology. Economic Bulletin of Pharmacy). 2000; 8: 101 – 104. (in Russian)
25. Urakov A.L., Nabokov V.A. The way to stop parenchymal bleeding. Bulletin of Surgery named after I.I. Grekov.1988; 5:113-114. (in Russian)
26. Urakov A.L. Recipe for temperature. Science and Life). 1989; 9:38-42. (in Russian)
27. Urakov A., Urakova N., Chernova L. Possibility of dissolution and removal of thick pus due to the physical-chemical characteristics of the medicines. Journal of Materials Science and Engineering B. 2013; 3 (11):714-720.
28. Urakov A.L. Development of new materials and structures based on managed physical-chemical factors of local interaction. IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 2016. V. 123. 012008.
29. Urakov A.L. Pus solvents as new medicinal products with unique physical and chemical properties. Reviews of clinical pharmacology and drug therapy. 2019; 17(4):89 - 95. (in Russian)
30. Urakov A.L. What are bruises ? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Remedies. IP Int J Comprehensive Adv Pharmacol 2020; 5(1):1-5.
31. Urakov A.L. Creation of "necessary" mixtures of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and warm water as a strategy for modernization bleaching cleaners of ceramic. Epitőanyag – Journal of Silicate Based and Composite Materials. 2020; 72 (1):30 -35.
32. Urakov A., Urakova N., Reshetnikov A. Oxygen alkaline dental's cleaners from tooth plaque, food debris, stains of blood and pus: A narrative review of the history of inventions. Journal of International Society of Preventive & Community Dentistry. 2019; 9 (5):427-433.
33. Urakov A.L., Ammer K., Urakova N.A., Chernova L.V., Fisher E.L. Infrared thermography can discriminate the cause of skin discolourations. Thermology international. 2015; 25 (4):209 - 215.
34. Urakov A. L. The change of physical-chemical factors of the local interaction with the human body as the basis for the creation of materials with new properties. Epitőanyag – Journal of Silicate Based and Composite Materials. 2015; 67 (1):2–6.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).