Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Topical Gel Containing Leaves Extract of Andrographis paniculata
Objective: The present study has been undertaken with the aim to formulate and evaluate the gel contaning leaf extract of Andrographis Paniculata.
Methodology and results: The formulation was designed by using alcoholic extract of leaves of Andrographis paniculata.The gel was prepared by using carbapol 934, triethanolamine, propylene glycol, methyl paraben, propyl paraben and required amount of distilled water. The prepared gel was evaluated for physical appearance, pH, spread ability, viscosity, extrudability, albumin denaturation assay and stability.
Conclusion: Carbopol gels with dried leaves extract of Andrographis paniculata could be prepared successfully.
Key words: Topical gel,Kalmegh, Spreadability, Albumin denaturation
2. Shobha M, Roopashree TS. Antiacne & wound healing activity of polyherbal topical gel comprising Andrographispaniculata (Burm.f.) Wall.ex nees, GlycyrrhizaglabraL, Carica papaya L. and Cucurbitapepo L. Annals of Phytomedicine 2017; 6(1):114-120.
3. Khandelwal KR, Sethi V Practical pharmacognosy: ISBN NO 978-81-85790-30-5 Twenty Fourth Edition Aug 2014.
4. Rajasekaran A, Govindarjan A, Ramasamy A. Formulation and evaluation of topical gel for the treatment of arthritis in animal model. BJPS 2016; 52.
5. Misal G, Dixit G and Gulkari V. Formulation &evaluation of herbal gel: Indian Journal of Natural Products and Resources 2012; 3(4)501-505.
6. Reddy J.S., Lobo R., Prasanthi D., Shreedhara C.S., Pai A. Investigation of Anti- Inflammatory Potentials of Terminalia tomentosa Wight & Arn. Bark-An In-Vitro approach Journal of Global Pharma Technology 2017; 9(8):1-5.
7. Santhosh Kumar Gupta, Amit Gupta, Dhirendra Prakash, Vedpal In-vitroAntiArthratic Activity of Ethanolic extract of CalliccarpaMacrophylla Flower Int. Res. J. Pharm. 2013; 4(3):160-162.
8. Somnath De, Dulal Chandra Das, Tansuri Manda, In vitro Anti-inflammatory and Anti-Diabetic activity of methanolic extract of CardantheraDifformisdruce Int. Res. J. Pharm. 2016; 7(12):56-60.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).