Short Review on Thiazole Derivative
Thiazole is aromatic, heterocyclic organic compound that have five membered molecular ring structures C3H3NS. Thiazole was first described by Hantzch and Weber in 1887. Prop confirmed its structure in 1889. The numbering of thiazole starts from sulphur atom. Numerous reports have appeared in the literature which highlights their chemistry and pharmacological uses. There is larger Pi-electron delocalization in thiazoles as compared to corresponding oxazoles and hence have greater aromaticity which is evidenced by the chemical shift of the ring protons in proton NMR spectroscopy indicating strong diamagnetic current. Mostly researches have maintained their interest in nitrogen and sulphur containing heterocyclic compounds through decades of historical development of organic. This paper aims to review the antimicrobial activities of thiazole during the past decades.
Keywords: Thiazole, Heterocyclic compounds, Oxazoles Biological activities,
2. Khalil AM, Berghot MA, Gouda MA. Synthesis and antibacterial activity of some new thiazole and thiophene derivatives, Eur J Med Chem 2009; 44 (11): 4434–4440.
3. Ghorab MM, El-Batal AI. Synthesis of some new thiazole derivatives antifungal activity and ultrastructure changes of some mycotoxin producing fungi, Boll Chim Farm 2002; 141 (2):110-7.
4. Hantzsch A, Weber JH. Ueber Verbindungen des Thiazols (Pyridins der Thiophenreihe). Ber Dtsch Chem Ges 1887; 20: 3118-3132.
5. Sharshira EM, Hamada NMM. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activities of some thiazole derivatives. American J Org Chem 2010;2 (3): 69-73.
6. Mohanty SK, Khuntia A, Harika MS, Sarangi SP, Susmitha DJ. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of some oxazole and thiazole derivatives IjpprHuman 2015; 2(3): 60-66.
7. Vodela S, Mekala RVR, Gadegoni H. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of some novel benzooxazole based thiazolyl amines. IJRPC 2014; 4(1):148-153.
8. Bhatt R, Sharma S, Patidar AK, Rathore KK, Senwar RC, Goswami AK, Mehta A. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial evaluation of some fused pyrazole derivatives. Int J Res Org Chem 2015; 5(2): 7-11.
9. Karki R, Rao GK, Gupta A, Mariappan G, Adhikari S. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activities of schiff bases of 2-amino-4-(o-chloroanilino)-1, 3-thiazole, J Appl Pharm Sci 2013; 3(7): 093-096.
10. Patel PN, Patel YS. Synthesis and some novel transformations of a spiro 4-thiazolinone derivative and its antimicrobial activities. Cogent Chem 2015; 1048558.
11. Siddiqui N, Arya SK, Ahsan W, Azad B. Diverse biological activities of Thiazoles: A retrospect. Int J Drug Dev Res 2011; 3(4):55-67.
12. Salman AS, Abdel-Aziem A, Alkubbat MJS. Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization and antimicrobial activity of some new 2-substituted imidazole derivatives. Int J Org Chem 2015; 5: 15-28.
13. Naik K, Guru Prasad AR, Spoorthy YN, Ravindranath LRKR. Design, synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial evaluation of new pyrazoline-5-ones. J App Pharm 2013; 4(1):720-730.
14. Hussein AEM, El-Adasy AA, Hafi ISA, Ishak EA, Gawish EH, El-Gaby MSA. Biological evaluation of some novel thiazole , thiazolo[3,2-a]pyridine and thiazolo[3',2':1,6]pyridine rerivatives containing diphenyl moiety as antimicrobial agents, J App Pharm 2014; 6(3): 296-307.
15. Sreedevi M, Prasad ARG, Spoorthy YN, Ravindranath LRKR. Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of certain novel thiazoles. Adv Pharm Bull 2013; 3(1): 227-230.
16. Mishra R, Tomer I, Sharma PNK, Jha KK. Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of some novel thiazole derivatives, Der Pharmacia Sinica 2012; 3(3): 361-366.
17. Seelam N, Shrivastava SP, Prasanthi S. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some novel fused heterocyclic moieties. Org Commun 2013; 6(2): 78-85.
18. Raj MM, Patel HV, Raj LM, Patel NK. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial evaluation of some 5-(substituted)-2-amino-thiadiazoles. Res J Pharm Biol Chem Sci 2013;4:721.
19. Jain AK, Singla RK, Shrivastava B. Thiazole: a remarkable antimicrobial and antioxidant agents, Pharmacologyonline 2011; 2:1072-1084.
20. Kumar N, Chauhan LS. Antimicrobial potential of hydrazide-hydrazone derivatives: a review. Int J Pharm Clini Res 2015;7(2): 154-161.
21. Kumar BC, Reddy KR, Fasiulla, Shridhara AM. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of some novel 2,3-disubstituted thiazolidin-4-one derivatives. J Chem Pharm Res 2013; 5(6): 1-6.
22. Mishra P, Saxena V, Kesheri M, Saxena A. Synthesis, characterization and pharmacological evaluation of some cinnoline derivatives. J Pharm Biol Sci 2015; 10(2): 72-77.
23. Oniga S, Duma M, Oniga O, Tiperciuc B, Pirnau A, Araniciu C, Palage M. Synthesis of some new 4-Methyl-2-(4-Pyridyl)-Thiazole- 5-YL-Azoles as potential antimicrobial agents. Farmacia 2015; 63; 2.
24. Babu KS, Prabhakar V, Ravindranath LK, Latha J, Kumari SW. Synthesis, characterization and biological evaluation of novel trisubstituted quinazoline thiazole derivatives bearing trans substituted thiomorpholine and tetrazoles moieties. IJCPS 2015; 4(5):23-34.
25. Saravanan G, Alagarsamy V, Pavitra TGV, Kumar GC, Savithri Y, Naresh L, Avinash P, Synthesis, characterization and anti-microbial activities of novel thiazole derivatives, Int J Pharma Bio Sci 2010; 1(3):453-458.
26. Alam F, Dey BK, Korim R, Chakrabarty A. Synthesis, characterization, and biological evaluation of pyrazole derivatives, JGTPS2015; 6(1):2411-2416.
27. Prasad SR, Saraswathy T, Niraimathi V, Indhumathi B. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of some hetero benzocaine dervivatives, Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2012;4(5); 45-50.
28. Abdulrasool MM, Jawad AH, Shneine JK. Synthesis, characterization and evaluation of biological activity of new heterocyclic compounds containing 1,2,4- triazoleand 1,3,4-thiadiazole rings. Int J Appl Sci Tech 2010; 2(10)345-348.
29. Reddy MRD, Prasad ALRG, Spoorthy YN, Ravindranath LRKR. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of certain novel aryl hydrazone pyrazoline-5-ones containing thiazole moiety, Adv Pharm Bull 2013; 3(1):153-159.
30. Reddy RSD, Sudhakar D. Synthesis, characterization and biological evaluation of some novel 6-fluoro benzothiazole substituted thiazolidinones as anthelmintic activity. Der Pharma Chemica 2014; 6(1):111-114.
31. Gangwar P, Sharma P, Shrivastava B, Sharma J, Sharma S. Synthesis and characterization of new thiazolidinone derivatives and screening for their anti-inflamatory activity. IJCTPR 2014; 1(3):181-184.
32. Moorthy P, Ekambaram SP, Perumal SS. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial evaluation of imidazolyl thiazolidinedione derivatives. Arabian J Chem 2014.
33. Idhayadhulla A, Kumar RS, Nasser AJA. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of new pyrrole derivatives. J Mex Chem Soc 2011; 55(4): 218-223.
34. Ha S, Ong L, Sivasothy Y, Yeap G, Boey P, Lin H. New mesogenic schiff base esters with polar chloro substituent: synthesis, thermotropic properties and x-ray diffraction studies. American J Appl Sci 2010; 7 (2): 214-220.
35. Ha S, Ong L, Win Y, Sivasothy Y, Yeap G, Boey P. The synthesis and characterization of new schiff bases: 4-[(pyridin-4-ylmethylene)amino]phenylalkanoates, Australian J Basic Appl Sci 2010; 4(6): 1146-1151.
36. Gavali LV, Hankarep PP. Synthesis and characterization of the complexes of some transition metals with 4-[2’-hydroxy salicylidene -5’ (2” -thiazolyazo] chlorobenzene, J Physi Sci 2007; 11: 147-155.
37. Keypour H, Salehzadeh S, Parish RV. Synthesis of two potentially heptadentate (n4o3) schiff-base ligands derived from condensation of tris(3-aminopropyl)-amine and salicylaldehyde or 4-hydroxysalicylaldehyde. Molecules 2002; 7: 140-144.
38. Ibrahim MN, Sharif SEA. Synthesis, characterization and use of schiff bases as fluorimetric analytical reagents. E-J Chem 2016; 4(4): 531-535.
39. Pattan SR, Suresh CH, Pujar VD, Reddy VVK, Rasal VP, Koti BC. Synthesis and antidiabetic activity of 2-amino [5’(4-sulphonylbenzylidine)- 2,4-thiazolidinedione]-7-chloro-6- flourobenzothiazole. Indian J Chem Sect B 2005; 44: 2404-8.
40. Pingle MS. Synthesis and biological activity of 4H-pyrimido [2,1-b]benzothiazole-8- substituted-2-thiomethyl-3-cyano-4-ones. Indian J Heterocycl Chem 2003; 12:343-6.
41. Kumar Y, Green R, Wise DS, Wotring LL, Townsend LB. Synthesis of 2,4-disubstituted thiazoles and selenazoles as potential antifilarial and antitumour agents. 2- arylamido and 2-alkylamido derivatives of 2- amino-4-(isothiocyanatomethyl)thiazole and 2- amino-4-(isothiocyano-methyl)selenazole. J Med Chem 1993; 36: 3849-52.
42. Rollas S, Kucukguzel SG. Biological activites of hydrazone derivatives. Molecules 2007; 12:1910-39.
43. Havan AA, Pai NR. Synthesis and antimicrobial screening of 5-arylidine-2-imino-4 - thiazolidinones. Arkivoc 2007; 14:148-55.
44. Jayachandrane VJ, Shah Patel RK, Sreenivas GM. Synthesis, characterization andanthelmintic activity (perituma- posthuma) of fluoro substituted benzothiazole for biological and pharmacological screening. Int J Pharma Bio Sci 2010; 1(3): 234-237.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).