The Enhancement of solubility and dissolution rate of saxagliptine hydrochloride by solid dispersion technique
Saxagliptine hydrochloride, PEG, polaxamer-407,ethyl cellulose were prepared to study the dissolution of sparingly water soluble Saxagliptine hydrochloride drug. solid dispersion of Saxagliptine hydrochloride were prepared using different ratios of PEG 6000 & Polaxamer-407.Some of the practical aspects to be considered for the preparation of solid dispersion such as selection of polymers ,methods of preparation solubility of drug and dissolution study of drug in solid dispersion are also discussed. The present research provides a there is increase in solubility of Saxagliptine hydrochloride and also solid dispersion complex of drug was giving better dissolution profile as compared to other solid dispersions this imporove bioavailability. FT-IR , shows the compatability of drug & carrier.
Keywords- solid dispersion, solubility enhancement, dissolution rate
2) Norbert Rasenack and Bernd W Miiller.; Dissolution Rate Enhancement by in Situ Micronization of poorly Water-soluble Drugs; Pharmaceutical Research; 2002; 19(12); 1894-1900.
3) Bhumika Patel et al; Enhancement of dissolution of Telmisartan through use of solid dispersion technique surface solid dispersion; Journal of pharmacy and bioallied sciences; 2012; 4(5); S64-S68
4) Serajuddin AT; Solid dispersion of poorly water-soluble drugs: early promises, subsequent problems, and recent breakthroughs; J. Pharm. Sci.; 1999; 88(10); 1058–1066.
5) Vasconcelos T, Sarmento B, Costa P; Solid dispersions as strategy to improve oral bioavailability of poor water soluble drugs, Drug Discov. Today; 2007; 12(23-24); 1068–1075
6) Craig QMD; The mechanisms of drug release from solid dispersions in water soluble polymer; Int. J. Pharm.; 2002; 231(2); 131–144.
7) Rastogi V, Shukla S, Singh R, Lal N, Yadav P, Microspheres: A Promising Drug Carrier. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2016; 6(3):18-26.
8) Jaiswal P, Kesharwani S, Kesharwani R, Patel D, Ethosome: A New Technology Used As Topical & Transdermal Delivery System. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2016; 6(3):7-17.
9) Prajapati S, Maurya S, Das M, Tilak V, Verma K, & Dhakar R. Dendrimers in Drug Delivery, Diagnosis and Therapy: Basics and Potential Applications. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2016; 6(1):67-92.
10) Yuichi T, Atsutoshi I, Hiiroko S, Toshio O, Keiji Y; Characterization and quantitation of Clarithromycin polymorphs by powder X-Ray diffractometry and solid state NMR spectroscopy; Chemical & Pharmaceutical Bulletin 2002; 50(8); 1128-1130.
16) Kothawade S. N.et al; Formulation and Characterization of Telmisatan Solid Dispersions; International Journal of PharmTech Research; 2010; 2(1):341-347.
17) Venkates K K, Arunkumar N, Verma PRP, Rani C.; Preparation and In-vitro characterization of valsartan solid dispersions using skimmed milk powder as carrier; Int. J. PharmaTech Res; 2009; 1(3) 431-437.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).