Formulation and evaluation fast dissolving tablets of lovastatin using solid dispersion method
The research worked based using solid dispersion method though poorly soluble drugs lovastatin formulating it as solid dispersions subsequent preparation of fast dissolving tablets with the prepared solid dispersions using different concentrations of super disintegrates and comparing them with that of the marketed product. Lovastatin is a HMG CoA reductase inhibitor used in the treatment of hyperlipidemias and prevention of ischemic heart disease. It is practically insoluble in water, sparingly soluble in alcohol and soluble in acetone. In the present investigation lovastatin and solid dispersion were prepared by physical mixing, fusion, solvent evaporation and lyophilizafion methods using polyethylene glycol-6000 as an inert amphiphilc carrier. The prepared solid dispersions were evaluated for pre compressional parameters such as angle of repose, Carr’s index, particle size and drug content.
Keywords: solid dispersion, poorly soluble drugs, super disintegrates.
2. Agrawal R, & Maheshwari R, Novel application of mixed solvency concept in the development of oral liquisolid system of a poorly soluble drug, cefixime and its evaluation. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2018; 8(6-s):5-8.
3. Padiyar A, Maheshwari R, Novel Dry Injection for Reconstitution of Aspirin Using Solid Solubilisers. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2017; 7(7):44-45.
4. RK, Padiyar A, Putliwala M ; Utilization Of Mixed-Solvency Technique In Spectrophotometric Analysis Of Cefixime Trihydrate Tablets. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Analysis, 2015; 1(1)-3
5. Venkata S, Dinesh Kumar P; Enhancement of Solubility of Poorly Soluble Drugs by Using Solid Dispersion Technique International Journal of Pharma And Chemical Research, 2015; 11(1):1
6. Reddy T A, Srinivasan S, Kavitha K, Kumar R; Review on: better solubility enhancement of poorly water soluble drugs. International Journal of Inventions in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2013; 1(4): 67.
7. Bindu Madhavi. Kusum B, Ramalingam R, Ravinder Nath A, Zulkar Nain K, Arjun G and David B., Preparation, characterization, and tableting of a solid dispersion of Simvastatin with super disintegrants, Journal of Pharmacy Research., 2010; 3:2568-2570.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).