A Review on Antidotes W.S.R to Visha Vaidya Jyotsnika
Ayurveda is an ancient system of health care, native of Indian subcontinent. It is one of the oldest scientific medical systems of the world with a long record of clinical experience. More than a medical system, ayurveda is a way of life. It is concerned with eight prime branches of medicine. Agada tantra is a specialized branch of ayurveda that offers meticulously detailed information about animal and non animal poisons and methods of eliminating these poisons from the body. It particularly advocates different antidotes for materials which are poisonous to human body. Here, the antidotes mentioned in Visha vaidya jyotsnika are reviewed.
Keywords: Visha, Antidotes, Ayurveda, Vishavaidya jyotsnika
2. Dr. P.V.N.R. Prasad, Illustrated AgadaTantra, Chowkamba Sanskrit series office Varanasi, 3rd edition, 2016, pg no; 2
3. Dahl JJ, Falk K. Ayurvedic herbal supplements as an antidote to 9/11 toxicity, Altern Ther Health Med. 2008 Jan-Feb; 14(1):24-8. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih. gov/pubmed/ 18251318 [accessed Jun 10 2018].
4. C.M.Sreekrishnan,Visha vaidya jyotsnika an English translation,pg.no;146-147
5. Bapi Ghosh, Tanmoy Mallick, Asok ghosh, Animesh Kumar Datta, Ankita pramanik. Taxonomical anatomical, cytological and palynological assessment of a germplasm of Indigofera tinctoria L. (fabaceae): An ayurvedic plant, International journal of research in Ayurveda pharmacy, 7 (suppl 4), sep-oct 2016. http://www.ijrap.net/admin /php/uploads/1662_pdf.pdf [accessed Jun 13 2018].
6. Panara, Kalpesh & Joshi, Krutika & Nishteswar, K. (2012). A Review on Phytochemical and Pharmacological Properties of Citrus medica Linn, International Journal of Pharmaceutical & Biological archives. 3. 1292-1297
7. Sastry JLN. Dravya guna vijnana, vol.2, Reprint ed. 2010, Varanasi: Chawkhambha Orientalia; pg. no. 273
8. Mukherjee, Pulok & Mukherjee, Debajyoti & Maji, Amal & Rai, S & Heinrich, Michael. The sacred lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) - Phytochemical and therapeutic profile. The Journal of pharmacy and pharmacology. 61. 407-22. 10.1211/jpp/61.04.0001.
9. Sastry JLN. Dravya guna vijnana, vol.2, Reprint ed. 2010, Varanasi: Chawkhambha Orientalia; pg. no. 40
10. D Aravind & Chandra Kamal, Gopendra & Ballav, Sourav & Kumar S Bharati, Ashwini. (2017). conceptual study on anti-toxic action of kshara agada: a review. International Journal of Research in Ayurveda & Pharmacy. 8. 19-21. 10.7897/2277-4343.08129.
11. Wang RY, Kazzi ZN, Antidotes and Rescue Therapies, Current pharmaceutical biotechnology, 2012; 13(10):1914-1916 [accessed Jun 10 2018].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).