Estimation of Metformin Hydrochloride in Bulk and Formulation by UV - Spectroscopic Area Under Curve Method
The current work is carried out for estimation of Metformin Hydrochloride by using area under curve (AUC) method using UV-visible spectrophotometer. For this purpose the wavelength range 221-241 nm was selected. Distilled water was used as a solvent throughout the work. Linearity was observed in concentration range 5-25 µg/ml (R2= 0.994) for the method. The present method was found to be simple and linear which can be used for routine quality control analysis for spectrophotometric estimation of Metformin hydrochloride in bulk.
Keywords: Metformin Hydrochloride, Area under curve, Antidiabetic, λmax.
4) Indian Pharmacopoeia, Government of India, Ministry of Health and family welfare, Published by Indian Pharmacopoeial Commission, Ghaziabad, Volume-Ι, 161, Volume- ΙΙ, 1657-1658.
5) ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guidelines: Validation Of Analytical method validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology Q2 (R1) . https://www.ich.org/fileadamin /public website/ICH products /Guidelines/QualityQ2-R1/Step 4/Q2-R1 Guideline pdf.
6) Beckett A.H, Stenlake J.B , Practical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, 4th edition, CBS publisher and Distributors, New Delhi, 275-295,2002.
7) Chistian G D, Analytical chemistry, six edition , John Wiley and sons, PA, 1-2,604,2003
8) Blessy M. A review, Development and stability indicating studies of drug, Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis, 2013.
9) Saravanan V, Revathi R, Meera N, Method Development and Validation for the Simultaneous Estimation of Lycopene and Ubidecarenone By RP-HPLC in Combined Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2016; 6(5):46-51.
10) Pachpute K, Jadhav S.L, Estimation of Disulfiram in Bulk and Formulation by UV- Spectrophotometric Area Under Curve method, Inventi Rpid:Pharma Analyis & Quality Assurance 2019; 1(2):1-6.
11) Chordiya BD, Patel SG, Pallavi PL, Area under curve UV- Specrophotometric Determination of Chlorcyclizine Hydrochloride in Bulk, Am.J. Pharm Tech Res.2019; 9(1):308-314.
12) Loni AB, Ghante MR, Sawant SD, Simultaneous UV- Spectroscopic Method for Estimation of Sitagliptin Phosphate and Metformin Hydrochloride in Bulk and Tablet Dosage , Scholar Research Library ,Der Pharm Chemica, 2012,4(3):854-859.
13) Skoog D.A, West, D.M. Holler F.J and Crouch S.R, In; Fundamentals of Analytical Chemistry, 5th edition, Thomas Books/cole, 971-995.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).