Relation of R-Spondin 3 Gene expression android obesity and Susceptibility to Cardiovascular disease in Sudanese Patients in Khartoum State.

  • Ashraf M.A. Alkinain Shendi University College of Medical Laboratory, Clinical Chemistry, Shendi, River Nile State, Sudan
  • Kamal Eldin Ahmed Abdelsalam Faculty of Medical Laboratory Sciences, Seconded to Shaqra University, Saudi Arabia
  • Mutaz Ibrahim Hassan Shendi University College of Medical Laboratory, Clinical Chemistry, Shendi, River Nile State, Sudan

Abstract

Background: Obesity is a major risk factor for the development of cardiovascular disease. A growing database of clinical evidence implicates intra-abdominal adiposity as a powerful driving force for elevated cardiometabolic risk. Addressing intra-abdominal adiposity should play a central role in future strategies aimed at improving cardiovascular outcomes in patients with abdominal obesity and its associated cardiometabolic risk in Sudan. Several studies aimed to identify some factors controlling the size and function of different areas of fat. Our research is focusing on a particular gene called R-SPONDIN3,


Objectives: It is to find the amount of R-Spondin3 Gene expression in Abdominal obesity and Susceptibility to Cardiovascular disease in Sudanese Patients in Khartoum State


Material and methods: - The study was including 300 participants (156 males and 144 females) classified into three groups. The first group was including one hundred participants with abdominal obesity (obese), the second group was including one hundred participants already diagnosed with CVD entangled with obesity (Heart Group as positive control group), while the third group was include one hundred healthy lean volunteers (negative control group)


Results: - The findings of this study showed Conventional PCR results were significantly different (P <0.001) in Heart group subjects as compared to healthy controls and obese group. Among heart group mutation was detected in some subjects (19%) and the rest without mutation (81%) but in obese group no mutation was detected. Comparison between the different studied groups according to gene expression showed significant differences (P <0.001) mean value of gene expression in healthy group subjects was 1.0 ± 0.0, Obesity group was 2.44 ± 0.50 and heart group subjects was 4.54 ± 0.87 respectively. 


Conclusion: The amount of R-SPONDIN3 gene expression among the obese and CVD patients is show up significant different and the amount of gene expressing among the CVD patients is higher than obese which is suggested that the amount of gene expressed in obese patients with heart disease more than obese patients without cardiovascular complications  

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

Author Biographies

Ashraf M.A. Alkinain, Shendi University College of Medical Laboratory, Clinical Chemistry, Shendi, River Nile State, Sudan

Shendi University College of Medical Laboratory, Clinical Chemistry, Shendi, River Nile State, Sudan

Kamal Eldin Ahmed Abdelsalam, Faculty of Medical Laboratory Sciences, Seconded to Shaqra University, Saudi Arabia

Faculty of Medical Laboratory Sciences, Seconded to Shaqra University, Saudi Arabia

Mutaz Ibrahim Hassan, Shendi University College of Medical Laboratory, Clinical Chemistry, Shendi, River Nile State, Sudan

Shendi University College of Medical Laboratory, Clinical Chemistry, Shendi, River Nile State, Sudan

Statistics
73 Views | 123 Downloads
How to Cite
1.
Alkinain A M, Abdelsalam KEA, Hassan MI. Relation of R-Spondin 3 Gene expression android obesity and Susceptibility to Cardiovascular disease in Sudanese Patients in Khartoum State. JDDT [Internet]. 20Mar.2019 [cited 23Sep.2020];9(2):355-61. Available from: http://jddtonline.info/index.php/jddt/article/view/2597