Peptide-based Drug Delivery for Curing Cancer
Peptides have numerous advantages as the chains help treat cancer, tumor and several complex diseases. The review details on the different structures of peptides that can ensure actual and efficient delivery of therapy to tumor and cancer cases. The co-delivery system mainly aims to improve the therapeutic delivery process regarding manufacturing, targeting, and impact.
Keywords: Nanotechnology, Peptide-based Drug Delivery, cancer
2. Han, R., Sun, Y., Kang, C., Sun, H. & Wei, W. Amphiphilic dendritic nanomicelle-mediated co-delivery of 5-fluorouracil and doxorubicin for enhanced therapeutic efficacy. Journal of Drug Targeting 25, 140-148 (2017).
3. Sun, Y., et al. Co-delivery of dual-drugs with nanoparticle to overcome multidrug resistance. European Journal of BioMedical Research 2, 12-18 (2016).
4. Liu, F., Sun, Y. & Kang, C. Controlling Amphiphilic Functional Block Copolymers’ Self-Assembly: From Structure to Size. (2016).
5. Song, L., et al. Crocetin inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory response in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry 40, 443-452 (2016).
6. Sun, Y., Kang, C., Liu, F. & Song, L. Delivery of antipsychotics with nanoparticles. Drug Development Research 77, 393-399 (2016).
7. Kang, C., et al. Delivery of nanoparticles for treatment of brain tumor. Current Drug Metabolism 17, 745-754 (2016).
8. Xue, X., et al. Discovery of novel inhibitors disrupting HIF-1α/von Hippel–Lindau interaction through shape-based screening and cascade docking. PeerJ 4, e2757 (2016).
9. Hersch, S.J., et al. Divergent protein motifs direct elongation factor P-mediated translational regulation in Salmonella enterica and Escherichia coli. MBio 4, e00180-00113 (2013).
10. Shuhong, X., et al. Dynamic expression of AQP4 in early stageof ischemia/reperfusion rats and cerebral edema. Chinese Pharmacological Bulletin 32, 1433-1441 (2016).
11. Peng, J., et al. Enhanced Liver Regeneration After Partial Hepatectomy in Sterol Regulatory Element-Binding Protein (SREBP)-1c-Null Mice is Associated with Increased Hepatocellular Cholesterol Availability. Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry 47, 784-799 (2018).
12. Yang, Z., et al. Functional exosome-mimic for delivery of siRNA to cancer: in vitro and in vivo evaluation. Journal of Controlled Release 243, 160-171 (2016).
13. Kang, C., Hernandez, V.A. & Hu, K. Functional interaction of the two-pore domain potassium channel TASK-1 and caveolin-3. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Molecular Cell Research 1864, 1537-1544 (2017).
14. Waller, A.P., et al. GLUT12 functions as a basal and insulin-independent glucose transporter in the heart. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Molecular Basis of Disease 1832, 121-127 (2013).
15. Li, Q., et al. Identification by shape-based virtual screening and evaluation of new tyrosinase inhibitors. PeerJ 6, e4206 (2018).
16. Chen, Y., et al. Identification of 4-aminoquinoline core for the design of new cholinesterase inhibitors. PeerJ 4, e2140 (2016).
17. Kang, C. & Hu, K. Impact of hypoxia in the expression and regulation of the TASK-1 potassium channel in cardiac myocytes. The FASEB Journal 30, lb598-lb598 (2016).
18. Kang, C. Ion channels, protein kinase C and caveolae in cardioprotection, (The Ohio State University, 2015).
19. Yung, B.C., et al. Lipid nanoparticles composed of quaternary amine–tertiary amine cationic lipid combination (QTsome) for therapeutic delivery of AntimiR-21 for lung cancer. Molecular pharmaceutics 13, 653-662 (2016).
20. Cheng, X., et al. Lipid Nanoparticles Loaded with an Antisense Oligonucleotide Gapmer Against Bcl-2 for Treatment of Lung Cancer. Pharmaceutical research 34, 310-320 (2017).
21. Fan, S. & Chi, W. Methods for genome-wide DNA methylation analysis in human cancer. Brief Funct Genomics 15, 432-442 (2016).
22. Kang, C. & Hu, K. Modulation of the two-pore domain potassium channel TASK-1 by caveolin-3. The FASEB Journal 29, 845.814 (2015).
23. Davis, M.E., Chen, Z.G. & Shin, D.M. Nanoparticle therapeutics: an emerging treatment modality for cancer. Nat Rev Drug Discov 7, 771-782 (2008).
24. Kang, C., Sun, Y., Wang, M. & Cheng, X. Nanosized camptothecin conjugates for single and combined drug delivery. European Journal of BioMedical Research 2, 8-14 (2016).
25. Qiao, H., et al. Orally delivered polycurcumin responsive to bacterial reduction for targeted therapy of inflammatory bowel disease. Drug Delivery 24, 233-242 (2017).
26. Liu, F., Sun, Y., Kang, C. & Zhu, H. Pegylated Drug Delivery Systems: From Design to Biomedical Applications. Nano LIFE 6, 1642002 (2016).
27. Sun, Y., Kang, C., Yao, Z., Liu, F. & Zhou, Y. Peptide-Based Ligand for Active Delivery of Liposomal Doxorubicin. Nano Life 6, 1642004 (2016).
28. Yeh, C.Y., Hsiao, J.K., Wang, Y.P., Lan, C.H. & Wu, H.C. Peptide-conjugated nanoparticles for targeted imaging and therapy of prostate cancer. Biomaterials 99, 1-15 (2016).
29. Fan, S., Huang, K., Ai, R., Wang, M. & Wang, W. Predicting CpG methylation levels by integrating Infinium HumanMethylation450 BeadChip array data. Genomics 107, 132-137 (2016).
30. Qiao, H., et al. Redox-triggered mitoxantrone prodrug micelles for overcoming multidrug-resistant breast cancer. Journal of drug targeting 26, 75-85 (2018).
31. Kang, C., Qin, J., Osei, W. & Hu, K. Regulation of protein kinase C-epsilon and its age-dependence. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 482, 1201-1206 (2017).
32. Sun, Y., et al. RGD Peptide‐Based Target Drug Delivery of Doxorubicin Nanomedicine. Drug development research 78, 283-291 (2017).
33. Kang, C. & Hu, K. Role of caveolin-3 in adenosine-induced increase in mitochondrial PKCε. The FASEB Journal 27, 1191.1197-1191.1197 (2013).
34. Cheng, X. & Lee, R.J. The role of helper lipids in lipid nanoparticles (LNPs) designed for oligonucleotide delivery. Adv Drug Deliv Rev 99, 129-137 (2016).
35. Sun, Y. & Kang, C. Self-Assembly of Peptides into Hydrogel. Journal of Organic & Inorganic Chemistry 2, 5 (2016).
36. Yao, Z., Sun, Y. & Kang, C. Structure and self-assembly of multicolored Naphthalene Diimides Semiconductor. Nano LIFE 6, 1642007 (2016).
37. Cheng, X., et al. T7 Peptide-Conjugated Lipid Nanoparticles for Dual Modulation of Bcl-2 and Akt-1 in Lung and Cervical Carcinomas. Molecular pharmaceutics 15, 4722-4732 (2018).
38. Zhong, X., Sun, Y., Kang, C. & Wan, G. The theory of dielectrophoresis and its applications on medical and materials research. European Journal of BioMedical Research 2, 7-11 (2017).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).