Comparative Phytochemical investigation and Antioxidant study of Narcicuss tazetta, Nymphaea mexicana zucc. And Indigofera heterantha.
The study was intended to investigate the presence of phytoconstituents in the bulbs of Narcicuss tazetta, flowers of the plant Nymphaea mexicana, and roots of Indigofera heterantha. The present study provides evidence that methanolic extracts of Narcicuss tazetta, Nymphaea mexicana and Indigofera heterantha contain important compounds with marked bioactivity. Maximum phenolic content was observed in Nymphaea mexicana and maximum flavonoid content was observed in extract of Indigofera heterantha.
Keywords: Phytoconstituents, Antioxidant, Nymphaea mexicana, Narcicuss tazetta, Indigofera heterantha
2. Chandra., Jeewan Singh Jalal and Satish. ". Medicinal plants used in the cur of stomach disorders in Kumaon Himalaya, Uttarakhand, India." Academia J. of Medicinal Plants (2013): 116-121.
3. Sener, Bilge & Erdogan Orhan, Ilkay & Satayavivad, Jutamad. "Antimalarial Activity Screening of Some Alkaloids and the Plant Extracts from Amaryllidaceae." Phytotherapy research (2004):1220-3
4. Maryam Rameshk, Fariba Sharififar,Mitra Mehrabani,Abbas Pardakhty,Alireza Farsinejad. "In vitro Proliferation and Wound Healing Effects of Narcissus tazetta L. Bulb on Primary Human Dermal Fibroblasts." Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International (2017): 1-13.
5. López, Susana & Bastida, Jaume & Francesc, Viladomat & Codina, Carles. "Acetylcholinesterase activity of some Amaryllidaceae alkaloids and Narcissus extracts." Life sciences (2002): 2521-2529.
6. Linda S.M. Ooi a, Li Tian a,b,c, Miaoxian Su a, Wing-Shan Ho a, Samuel S.M. Sun aHau-Yin Chung a, Henry N.C. Wong d, Vincent E.C. Ooi. "Isolation, characterization, molecular cloning and modelingof a new lipid transfer protein with antiviral andantiproliferative activities from Narcissus tazetta." Elsevier (2008): 2101-2109.
7. SHOBA, MABEL PARIMALA AND FRANCIS GRICILDA. "EVALUATION OF ANTIDIABETIC POTENTIAL OF NYMPHAEA NOUCHALI BURM. F. SEEDS INSTZ - INDUCED DIABETIC RATS." International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (2014): 536-541.
8. O. Oladimeji, H & M. Ubulom, P & I. Akpabio, E & E. Etim, I & Nyong, E. "Larvicidal and AntiMicrobial Potentials of Nymphaea odorata." Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicology (2008): 357-362.
9. Mohan Maruga Raja, Muthu Kumaradoss & Sethiya, Neeraj & Mishra, Shrihari. "A comprehensive review on Nymphaea stellata: A traditionally used bitter." Journal of advanced pharmaceutical technology & research (2010): 311-319.
10. O. J Akinjogunla, A. A Adegoke, I. P Udokang and B. C Adebayo-Tayo. "Antimicrobial potential of Nymphaea lotus(Nymphaeaceae) against wound pathogens." Journal of Medicinal Plants Research (2009): 138-141.
11. Lakhshmi T, Madhusudhanan N.,Rajendran R. "Nymphaea alba Linn. an overview." Research journal of Pharmacy and Technology (2013):974-977.
12. Jaya Raju, B. Satya Vani, G. Santhi , L. Lavanya and T. Chandi Vishala. "EVALUATION OF ANTIHYPERLIPIDEMIC ACTIVITY OF NYMPHAEA ALBA." International Journal Of Pharmaceutical Sciences And Research (2016).
13. Muhammad Shoaib Amjad, Muhammad Arshad. "Ethnobotanical inventory and medicinal uses of some important woody plant species of Kotli, Azad." Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine (2014): 952-958.
14. Muhammad Hamayun, Sumera Afzal and Mir Ajab Khan. "Ethnopharmacology, indigenous collection and preservation techniques of some frequently used medicinal plants of utror and gabral, district swat, Pakistan." Afr. J. Traditional (2006): 57-73.
15. Muhammad Aurang Zeb, Muhammad Sajid, Taj Ur Rahman, Khanzadi Fatima Khattak, Muhammad Tariq Khan. "Phytochemical screening, anti-diabetic and antioxidant potential of methanolic extract of Indigofera heterantha roots ." International Journal of Biosciences (2017): 255-260.
16. Tiwari, Sudhanshu. "Plants: A Rich Source of Herbal Medicine ." Journal of Natural Products, (2008): 27-35.
17. Akinyemi, K. O., Oladapo, O., Okwara, C. E., Ibe, C. C., Fasure, K. A. ". Screening of crude extracts of six medicinal plants used in South-West Nigerian unorthodox medicine for anti-methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus activity. ." BMC Complement Alternative medicine (2005): 5-6.
18. Fabio Firenzouli, Luigi Gori. "Herbal Medicine Today: Clinical and Research Issues." Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine (2007): 37-40.
19. JB, Harbone. Phytochemical method, A guide to Modern technique of plant analysis. New York: Chapman and Hall, 1998.
20. Kokate, C.K. A Textbook Of Practical Pharmacognosy. New Delhi: Vallabh Prakashan, 2005.
21. C. Kaur, H.C. Kapoor,. "Anti-oxidant activity and total phenoliccontent of some Asian vegetables." Int. J. Food Sci. Technol. ( 2002): 153–161.
22. C. Chang, M. Yang, H. Wen, J. Chern. " Estimation of totalflavonoid content in propolis by two complementary colorimetricmethods." Journal of Food and Drug Analysis (2002): 178-182.
23. Braca A, Tommassi ND, Bari LD, PizzaC. "Antioxidant principles from Bauhinia terapotensis." Journal of Natural Products. (2001): 892-895.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).