Designing fabrication and evaluation of Oral fast Disintegrating tablet of Ranitidine HCL
The aim of this research work was to design develop & evaluate oral fast disintegrating tablets of Ranitidine HCL. The Orodispersible tablets of Ranitidine HCl were prepared by using direct Compression technique with a Synthetic Superdisintegrant such as Crosspovidone and a natural Superdisintegrant Fenugreek gum in different concentration. 32 factorial designs was applied to study the effect of independent variables, concentration of Crosspovidone & Fenugreek gum on dependent variables like Cumulative % Drug release and Disintegration time by using design expert software. Prepared oral fast disintegrating tablets evaluated for Pre and Post-compression parameters. The prepared tablets exhibited satisfactory physico-chemical characterise especially fast disintegration & dissolution property. Full factorial design and optimization technique successfully used in the development oral fast disintegrating tablets. Comparing the all the formulations, formulation F9 was considered as optimized formulation which shows excellent fast disintegration, in vitro dissolution, and faster drug release within 6 min in comparison to other batches also stable in stability study.
Keywords: Fast disintegrating, Ranitidine, Crosspovidone, Gum, Optimizations, Water absorption ratio
2. Rathod VD, Vaidya AS, Formulation and Evaluation of Mouth Dissolving Tablets of CetrizinediHCl. Global journal for research analysis, 2018, 7,183-185.
3. Khan SST, Nazim S, Shaikh A, Khairnar A, Ahmed A. An approach for rapid disintegrating tablet: a review. International journal of pharmaceutical research and development, 2011; 3(3):170 – 183.
4. Battu SK, Repka MA, Majumdar S, Madhusudan Rao Y, Formulation And Evaluation of Rapidly Disintegrating Fenoverine Tablets: Effect Of Superdisintegrants, Drug Development And Industrial Pharmacy, 2007; 33:1225–1232.
5. Nishthatiwari A Review: Formulation and Evaluation on Fast dissolving tablet; International journal of Advanced Research in Pharmaceutical and Bio science 2013; 3(1): 60-69.
6. Shaikh S, Khan T, Nazim S, Shaikh A, Khairnar A, Ahmed A. An approach for rapid disintegrating tablet: a review IJPRD, 2011; 3(3):170 – 183.
7. Parkash V, Maan S, Deepika, Yadav SK, Hemlata, Jogpal V, Fast disintegrating tablets: Opportunity in drug delivery system, J Adv Pharm Technol Res. 2011; 2(4):223–235.
8. Sharma D, Kumar D, Singh M, Singh G, Rathore M.S., Review article: Fast Disintegrating Tablets, Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics; 2012; 2(3):74-86.
9. Shaikh S, Khirsagar RV, Quazi A, Fast Disintegrating Tablets: An Overview Of Formulation And Technology, International Journal Of Pharmacy And Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2010 ; 2(3):9-15
10. Dixit S, Kaur R, Mishra V, Bhargava S, Fast Dissolving Tablet-A Promising Approach For Drug Delivery: A Review Journal of Pharmacy Research 2012; 5(3):1508-1513.
11. Hirani JJ, Rathod DA, Vadalia KR; Orally Disintegrating Tablets: A Review Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2009; 8(2):161-172.
12. Reddy KR, Reddy VR, Saisri Harsha G, Anil K, design, development and in-vitro evaluation of metoprolol tartrate fast dissolving tablets, Indo American J of Pharm Sci, 2015; 2(5):886-893.
13. Sarovarreddy V, Prasanthi S, Katyayani U, Dileepkumar A, Jayasree D, Badarinath AV, Gopinath C, formulation and evaluation of fast dissolving tablets of Ranitidine hcl , journal of global trends in pharmaceutical sciences 2015; 6(1):2468 – 2471
14. Elkhodairy KA, Hassan MA, Afifi SA, formulation and optimization of fast dissolving tablets of Flutamide, Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal 2014; 22:53-61.
15. Pathan IB, Shingare PR, Kurumkar P, formulation and evaluation of Novel mouth dissolving tablet for venalaxifen by using sublimation journal of pharmacy research 2013; 6:593 -598
16. Agrawal SV, Pandey S. Optimizing fast dissolving dosage form of Diclofenac sodium by rapidly disintegrating. Indian J. Pharm.Sci. 2003; 197-200.
17. Shaikh S, Sayyed N, Shaikh A, Khan T, Siddik PM, Majaz Q, Chalikwar S. Design and characterization of Orodispersible tablets of Aceclofenac. International Journal of Advances in Pharmaceutical sciences.2010; 1(1):364-368.
18. Kulkarni U, Borgaonkar PA, Patil BS, Korwar PG, Formulation and development of fast disintegrating tablets containing fenugreek seed powder, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 2011; 4(1):87-89
19. Joshi AK, Mehta TJ, Patel MR, Patel KR, Patel NM, Design and Development of Gastroretentive Floating Tablets of Ranitidine HCl, Int. J. Drug Formu. And Research, 2011; 2(5):242-253.
20. Suhas M. Kakade, Vinodh S. Mannur, Ketan B. Ramani, Ayaz A. Dhada, Chirag V. Naval, AvinashBhagwat Research Article Formulation and evaluation of mouth dissolving tablets of losartan potassium by direct compression techniques Int. J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2010;1(3):291.
21. Shah N, Parmar N, Patel N, Patel KR, formulation and development of fast disintigrating tablets using ranitidine hcl as a model drug JPSBR, 2011; 1(1):65-70.
22. Errolla M, Kiran Kumar GB, Ahmed MG, Kumar KP; A research article :Formulation and evaluation of montelukast sodium fast dissolving tablets, Asian Journal of biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences 2012; 2(14):78.
23. Patel KK, Kumar V, Lakshmi C.S.R., Bailpattar P, Rajesh. R, Nargund LVG; A Research article: Formulation and Evaluation of Orodispersible tablet of Montelukast Sodium by Direct Compression method Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 2012; 15(1):19:97.
24. Sharma A, Jain A, Purohit A, RakeshJatav, Sheorey AV; A Research Article: Formulation and Evaluation of Aceclofenac fast dissolving tablet; International journal of a pharmacy and life Science (IJPLS). 2011; 2(4):682.
25. Shaikh S, Deshmukh W, Khan GJ. Design, Development and Evaluation of Oral Disintegrating Film of Ondansetron HCl. International journal of pharmacy and Pharmaceutical research. 2018; 12(3):145-161.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).