A PROMISING TECHNIQUE TO IMPROVE THE SOLUBILITY BY LIQUISOLID COMPACTION TECHNOLOGY
About 60-70% of the drugs synthesized are poorly soluble and comes under BCS Class-II&IV. Now it is a challenging situation during the development of different dosage forms for pharmaceutical industries because solubility of the drug is the rate limiting step. Based on the solubility, the dissolution, bioavailability & therapeutic effect is dependent. To overcome this consequence a novel technique -Liquisolid compact is used by dissolving the poorly soluble drug in a non-volatile solvent that improves wettability & decreases the surface tension and ensures drug molecular dispersion in the formulation to increase the solubility of the drug. This admixture of drug loaded solution is blended with carrier adsorption & coating material (adsorption) that has free flowing and compressible powder properties.
2. Rehmath JD, Shashiranjan D, Liquisolid compact of melaxicam:invitro and invivo evaluation Egyptian pharmaceutical journal 2017; 16:122-120
3. Brahamankar DM, Jaiswal SB, Bio pharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics .pg-296
4. Yankowsky SH, Technique is solubilisation , volume 12 marcel dekker , 122 – 137
5. Khan A.D., Singh L. Various techniques of bioavailability enhancement: a review. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2016; 6(3):34-41. https://doi.org/10.22270/jddt.v6i3.1228
6. Martin A, Swarbrick J, Cammarata A. Solubility and distribution phenomena. Physical pharmacy. 2007; 212-222.
7. Dahiya S, Pathak K, dissolution enhancement of aceclofenac by cyclodextrin complexation, general of pharmaceutical research 2006; 5(4):99-102
8. Albers E., Mueller B.W. Cyclodexterin derivatives in pharmaceutics. crit. Rev Ther. Drug carr. syst. 1995; 12:311-337
9. Bhirud Y., Phalak H. Advances in solid dispersion technology and its applications in the development of solid dosage forms. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2016; 6(6):40-47. https://doi.org/10.22270/jddt.v6i6.1316
10. Kala N., Shaikh M., Shastri D., Shelat P. A Review on Liquisolid Systems. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2014; 4(3):25-31. https://doi.org/10.22270/jddt.v4i3.828
11. Thomas Reintjes. Solubility enhancement with BASF pharma polymers. Solubilizer comendium: available at http:// http://www.pharma-ingredients.basf.com/ October 2011.
12. Barzegar JM, Javadzadeh Y, Nokhodchi A, Siahi-Shadbad MR. Enhancement of dissolution rate of piroxicam using liquisolid compacts. II Farmaco. 2005; 60:361-365
13. N.R.Jadav,Solid state behavior of progesterone and its release from Neusilin US2 based liquisolid compacts,journal of drug delivery science and technology, 2017; 38:97-107
14. Boushra M. El-Houssieny,Bioavailability and biological activity of liquisolid compact formula of repaglinide and its effect on glucose tolerance in rabbits, . BioScience Trends. 2010; 4(1):17-24.
15. Akinlade B, S Elkordy. Liquisolid system to improve the dissolution of furosemide. Sci Pharm 2010; 78:325-344
16. Gubbi SR, Jarag R. Formulation and characterization of atorvastatin calcium liquisolid compacts. Asian J Pharm Sci 2010; 2:50-60.
17. Spireas S. Bioavailability improvement of clofibrate using liquisolid compact technology. APHA Annual Meeting 1995; 142-161.
18. Kulkarni AS, Aloorkar NH, Mane MS, Gaja JB. Liquiosolidsysyem:A Review. Int.journal of pharmaceutical sciences and nanotechnology, 2010; 3(1):795-802
19. Thakur N, Khokra SL, A Review on pharmaceutical application of liquisolid technicque,American J. of pharmate, 2011; 1(3).
20. Development of fast dispersible aceclofenac tablet: effect of functionality of super disintegrants. Indian J Pharm Sci. 2008; 70:180-185
21. Karmarkar A.B, Gonjari I.D, Hosmani A.H, Dhabale, P.N, Bhise S.B. Liquisolid tablets: a novel approach for drug delivery. Int. J. Health Res. 2009; 2:45-50.
22. Hugucchi and Connors, solubilization technicque
23. Izhar Ahmed Syed, The Liquisolid Technique: Based drug delivery system, Int. J. of pharm. sciences and drug research , 2012; 4(2):88-96
24. Utsav SP, Khushbu CP. Liquisolid Technique for Poorly Soluble Drugs Journal of Science and Innovative Research; 2(1):145-159.
25. .Manasa gangothri peddi, Novel drug delivery system: liquisolid compacts, molecular pharmaceutics and research
26. Barzegar JM, Javadzadeh Y, Nokhodchi A, Siahi-Shadbad MR. Enhancement of dissolution rate of piroxicam using liquisolid compacts. II Farmaco. 2005; 60:361-365
27. Pawar J., Jagtap R., Doijad R., Pol S., Desai J., Jadhav V., Jagtap S. Liquisolid compacts: a promising approach for solubility enhancement. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2017; 7(4):6-11. https://doi.org/10.22270/jddt.v7i4.1466
28. Prajapati S., Maurya S., Das M., Tilak V., Verma K., Dhakar R. Dendrimers in drug delivery, diagnosis and therapy: basics and potential applications. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2016; 6(1):67-92. https://doi.org/10.22270/jddt.v6i1.1190
29. Tiong N, Elkordy AA. Effects of liquisolid formulation on dissolution of naproxen. Eur J Pharm Biopharm 2009; 73:373-384.
30. Parajapati S., Maurya S., Das M., Tilak V.K., Verma K.K., Dhakar R.C. Potential application of dendrimers in drug delivery: a concise review and update. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2016; 6(2):71-88. https://doi.org/10.22270/jddt.v6i2.1195
31. Yala P, Srinivasan S, Mahalingan K, Alladi S, Zalaki S. Solubility enhancement of a model etoricoxib drug using liquisolid compacts. Int J Biological Pharma Res 2012; 3(4):577-585.
32. Fahmy RH and Kassem MA. Enhancement of famotidine dissolution rate through liquisolid tablets formulation: in-vitro and in-vivo evaluation. Eur J Pharm Biopharm 2008; 69:993–1003
33. Karmarkar AB, Gonjari ID, Hosmani AH, Dhabale PN, Bhise SB. Dissolution Rate Enhancement of Fenofibrate Using Liquisolid Tablet Technique. Part II: Evaluation of in-vitro dissolution profile comparison methods. Lat Am J Pharm 2009; 28(4):538-43.
34. Patel T, Patel L.D., Formulation of Fenofibrate Liquisolid Tablets Using Central Composite Design, Current Drug Delivery, 2014; 11:11-23 11
35. Vajir S. Solubility enhancement of diclofenac sodium by liquisolid technique. Int J universal Pharma life Sci 2012; 2(3):732-748
36. Spireas S, Sadu S, Grover R. In vitro release evaluation of hydrocortisone liquisolid tablets. J Pham Sci 1998; 87:867-872.
37. Sahil M, Gavali Shard S., Liquisolid compact :A New Technichnique for enhancement of drug dissolution, Int. J. of research in pharmacy and chemistry,2011, 1(3):705-713
38. Khaled KA, Asiri YA, In-vivo evaluation of liquisolid tablets in beagle dogs. Int. J. Pharm 2001; 222:1-6
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).