EFFECT OF METOSARTAN ON MALE REPRODUCTIVE POTENTIAL IN NORMAL AND HYPERTENSION INDUCED RATS
Hypertension is one of the long term medical problems in world leading to mortality of 18% globally. Epigenetic modifications like gene regulation, DNA histone modification and methylation patterns are mostly affected during Hypertension condition and need to be carefully monitored. So, metosartan is the one of the antihypertensive drug used to study its effects on genome especially in invivo condition. Metosartan doesn’t affect the chromatin integrity in hypertensive rats but reduces the sperm count drastically and reaches up to zero at 1.25mg/ml concentration. Majorly the drug affects the sperm count but not the maturation of sperm. In hypertension condition the sperms are aggregated in to complex where as in metosartan treated group invitro lead to severe looping of sperms and resulted in formation of apoptotic bodies. In normal rats excessive DNA fragmentation is seen in metosartan treated group and treatment with RNase A along with metosartan invitro restored the chromatin integrity but failed to give promisive results in invivo condition. So, study of genome integrity in hypertensive patients treated with metosartan is compulsory as it affects chromatin integrity adversely in invitro condition in normal rats.
Keywords: Hypertension, Genome integrity, Azoospermia, Teratozoospermia, Metosartan
2. Eswari Beeram and Thyagaraju Kedam ., Apoptosis of testis tissue by drug metosartan through activation of intrinsic pathway by the release of Cyt C from mitochondria International Journal of Chemical Studies ; 2018, 6(1): 614-617.
3. Eswari Beeram* and Thyagaraju kedam., Chromatin integrity in testis by microscopy and drug inhibition studies of rnase a by uv visible spectroscopy. ejbps, 2018, 5( 01), 232-237.
4. Michael D. Blower, Maxence Nachury, Rebecca Heald, and Karsten Weis (2005)A Rae1-Containing Ribonucleoprotein Complex Is Required for Mitotic Spindle Assembly Cell, 121, 223–234.
5. Caiyun Wu, Liu Wang, Furhan Iqbal, Xiaohua Jiang, Ihtisham Bukhari, Tonghang Guo, Gengxin Yin, Howard J. Cooke, Zhenyi Cao, Hong Jiang and Qinghua Shi., Preferential Y-Y pairing and synapsis and abnormal meiotic recombination in a 47,XYY man with non obstructive azoospermia. Molecular Cytogenetics, 2018, 9(9), 1-9.
6. Andre´ s Aguilera and Tatiana Garcı´a-Muse.,. R Loops: From Transcription Byproducts to Threats to Genome Stability Molecular Cell, 2012, 46, 115-122.
7. Ingrid A. Wise and Fadi J. Charchar., Epigenetic Modifications in Essential Hypertension Int. J. Mol. Sci., 2016, 17, 451; doi:10.3390/ijms17040451
8. Zhou Zhang, Brian Thomas Joyce, Jacob K. Kresovich, Yinan Zheng, Jia Zhong, Ruchi Patel, Wei Zhang, Lei Liu, Chang Dou, John P. McCracken6, AnaiteÂ DõÂaz, Valeria Motta, Marco Sanchez-Guerra, Shurui Bian, Pier Alberto Bertazzi, Joel Schwartz, Andrea A. Baccarelli, Sheng Wang, Lifang Hou., Blood pressure and expression of microRNAs in whole blood. PLOS ONE, 2017, DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0173550.
9. Jana Peˇknicova´, Alena Kuba´tova´, Vadym Sulimenko, Eduarda Dra´berova´,Vladimı´r Viklicky, Pavel Hoza´k,and Pavel Dra´ber., Differential Subcellular Distribution of Tubulin Epitopes in Boar Spermatozoa: Recognition of Class III b-Tubulin Epitope in Sperm Tail Biology Of Reproduction, 2001, 65, 672–679.
10. Osmond J. D'Cruz, Gilbert G. Haas., The expression of the complement regulators CD46, CD55, and CD59 by human sperm does not protect them from antisperm antibody- and complement-mediated immune injury, Fertility And Sterility, 1993, 59 (4).
11. Yen-Pei Christy Chang, Xin Liu, James Dae Ok Kim, Morna A. Ikeda, Marnie R. Layton, Alan B. Weder, Richard S. Cooper, Sharon L. R. Kardia, D. C. Rao, Steve C. Hunt, Amy Luke, Eric Boerwinkle, and Aravinda Chakravarti ., Multiple Genes for Essential Hypertension Susceptibility on Chromosome 1q The American Journal of Human Genetics; 2007, Volume 80, 253- 264.
12. Cristina Menni, Sarah J. Metrustry, Georg Ehret, Anna F. Dominiczak, Phil Chowienczyk, Tim D. Spector,Sandosh Padmanabhan, and Ana M. Valdes., Molecular pathways associated with blood pressure and hexadecanedioate levels PLoS One.; 2017, 12(4): e0175479.
13. Qun Yan, Dongmei Sun, Xu Li, Guoliang Chen, Qinghu Zheng, Lun Li, Chenhong Gu, and Bo Feng., Association of blood glucose level and hypertension in Elderly Chinese Subjects: a community based study BMC Endocr Disord.; 2016, 16: 40.
14. Mukopadhayay etal.,. Effect of cryopreservation on sperm chromatin integrity and fertilizing potential in bovine semen, 2011, Volume 136, Issues 2-3, Pages 114– 121.
15. Nurcan Cetinkaya , Demet Ercin , Sümer Özvatan , Yakup Erel., Quantification of applied dose in irradiated citrus fruits by DNA Comet Assay together with image analysis. Food Chemistry; 2016, 192; 370–37
16. John R. Hofstetter, Aiwu Zhang, Aimee R. Mayeda, Tim Guscar, John I. Nurnberger, and Debomoy K. Lahiri., Genomic DNA from Mice: A Comparison of Recovery Methods and Tissue Sources. Biochemical and Molecular Medicine; 1997, 62, 197–202.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).