Therapeutic Evaluation of Navan Nasya in Ardit W.S.R. to Facial Paralysis
Ayurveda is sciences of medicine and health practicing anciently and it possessing effective methods for the treatment of various diseases. Ayurveda not only offer approaches for the management of curable diseases but also encompasses knowledge of incurable diseases. Panchakarma is one of the therapies of ayurveda which purify body and cleans all shrotas even at cellular level. Panchakarma therapy involves many sub therapies such as; Navannasya which is very useful in the management of various diseases such as; facial paralysis which involves weakness of facial muscles resulting from temporary or permanent loss of facial nerve. The study was planned to measure efficacy of navannasya in the treatment of Arditroga and it was found that navannasya gives good results in Ardit or facial paralysis. Some patient of cured effectively after the treatment with Navannasya.
Keywords: Ayurveda, Ardit, Facial Palsy, Panchakarma, Navannasya.
2. Astanga Samgraha: by Vriddha Vagbhatta, Hindi Commentary by Atrideva Vidhyalankara, 1992.
3. Bhavaprakash: Sastu Sahitya Vardhaka Karyalaya, 3rd edition, 1982.
4. Charaka Samhita: with Vidyotini Hindi Commentary by Kashinath Shastri and Gorakhanath, Chaukhambha Bharti Academy, Varnasi, 2001.
5. Kasture H. S., Ayurvedic Panchkarma Vigyana, 5th edition, Baidyanath Ayurveda Bhavan, Nagpur, 1997.
6. Sharngdhara Samhita: Edited by Siddhinandev Mishra, 1st edition, Chaukhambha Orientatia, Varanasi, 2000.
7. Susruta Samhita: with Ayurveda Tatva Sandipika, Hindi commentary by Shastri A., Chaukhambha Sanskrit Samsthana, Delhi, 1998.
8. Harrison: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Anthony Fanci et al. Boucher, 14th edition, 2000.
9. Davidson: Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine, by Christopher R.W., Edwards, 17th edition, 1997.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).