PHYTOCHEMICAL STANDARDIZATION AND ANTIOXIDANT POTENTIAL OF AYURVEDA FORMULATION DARVYADI RASKRIYA
The study represents phytochemical standardization and antioxidant potential of ayurveda formulation Darvyadi Raskriya. The study involves development of high-performance thin-layer chromatographic (HPTLC) method for analysis of formulation. The study utilizes analysis of glycyrrhizin in formulation which is the phytoconstituent of Glycyrrhiza glabra one of the component of formulation. The sample in ethanol was applied on aluminium TLC plates using Linomat 5 spray (CAMAG). Linear ascending development was performed in twin trough glass chamber saturated with mobile phase. The mobile phase consisted of ethyl acetate-methanol-formic acid (10:5:1 v/v/v). The spectrodensitometric detection was performed at the wavelength of 254 nm. The regression analysis was found to be linear with r2=0.997 in the concentration range 5-25 ppm. The antioxidant activity of formulation was also found to be significant as compared to control.
Keywords: Standardization, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Glycyrrhizin, HPTLC, Antioxidant.
2. Swapnil G, Patil. Standard Tools for Evaluation of Herbal Drugs: an Overview, The Pharma Innovation â€“ Journal. 2013; 2(9):60.
3. SagarBhanu, P.S., Zafar R. &Panwar R., Herbal drug standardization. The Indian Pharmacist, 2005; 4 (35): 19-22.
4. Ansari, S.H. â€œStandardization of the crude drugsâ€, Essentials of Pharmacognosy, Ist edition, 2005; 14:581.
5. Faisal MS, Naz Z, Shakeel F, Ahmed S, Kohli K, Khar RK. A new TLC densitometric method for stability assessment of modafinil. Chem Analityczna 2009; 54:77-88.
6. Ali B, Mujeeb M, Aeri V, Mir SR, Ahmad S, Siddique NA, et al. High-performance thin layer chromatographic quantification of bioactive psoralen and daidzein in leaves of Ficus carica L. Nat Prod Res 2011; 25:1666-1670.
7. Dr. Smt. Shailaja Srivastava, Sharangdhar Samhita, Madhyam Khanda, Chaukhamba oriantalia, Varanasi, 2009; 8(1):208- 209.
8. Prof. K. C Chunekar, reprint edition Bhav Prakash Nighantu of Shri Bhav Mishra, chaukhamba Bharati Academy, 2013; 1(202):115.
9. Prof. K. C Chunekar, reprint edition Bhav Prakash Nighantu of Shri Bhav Mishra, chaukhamba Bharati Academy, 2013; 2(131):255.
10. Bernard Fried, Joseph Sherma, Practical Thinlayer Chromatography: A Multidisciplinary Approach, CRC Press, 1996; 233- 234.
11. Hsu CY., et al. Antioxidant activity of extract from Polygonum cuspidatum. Biol Res 2007; 40:13-21.
12. Koleva II, Van Beek TA, Linssen JPH, De Groot A, Evstatieva L.N. Screening of plant extracts for antioxidant activity: a comparative study on three testing methods. Phytochem Anal 2002; 13:8-17.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).