NEW SPECTROPHOTOMETRIC DETERMINATION OF ESOMEPRAZOLE IN BULK AND PHARMACEUTICAL DOSAGE FORM USING WOOL FAST BLUE
The new, selective and sensitive visible spectrophotometric method has been developed for the estimation of Esomeprazole in bulk and in pharmaceutical preparations. This method is based on the reaction with wool fast blue, in the presence of buffer at PH 1.5 to form a colored species with a Î»max 590nm.Â Beerâ€™s law is obeyed in the concentration range of 50-250Âµg/ml for both the methods.Â The method was extended to pharmaceutical formulations and there was no interference form in any common pharmaceutical excipients and diluents. The result of analysis has been validated statistically and by recovery studies.Â
Keywords: Spectrophotometric determination Wool fast blue, Esomeprazole.
2. K.C. Carlsson and JLE. Reubsaet, J. Pharm.Biomed. Anal., 2004; 34(2):415-423.
3. Maheshwari R., Dahima R. â€œSolid as solventâ€: novel spectrophotometric analytical technique for quantitative estimation of tinidazole in tablets using solids (eutectic liquid of phenol and lignocaine hydrochloride) as solubilizing agents (mixed solvency concept). Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2017; 7(3):127-130. doi:10.22270/jddt.v7i3.1437
4. Chung T.C., Tai C.T., Wu H.L., J. Chromatogr. A, 2006; 1119(1-2):294-298.
5. Nizami T., Shrivastava B., Sharma P., Darwhekar G., Sharma P. Spectrophotometric and Reversed-Phase High-Performance Liquid Chromatographic methods for simultaneous determination of atorvastatin and pioglitazone in combined tablet dosage form. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2017; 7(7):116-117. doi:10.22270/jddt.v7i7.1605
6. Ciavarella A.B., Gupta A, Sayeed VA, Khan MA, Faustino PJ, J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 2007; 43(5):1647-1653.
7. Ciavarella A.B., Gupta A, Sayeed VA, Khan MA, Faustino PJ, J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 2008; 46(1):181-186.
8. Vermeij T.A.C., Edelbroek P.M., J. Chromatogr. B, 2004; 810(2):297-303.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).