A REVIEW ON FORMULATION APPROACHES IN IMMEDIATE RELEASE TABLET
Sometimes immediate onset of action is required than conventional treatment in many patients. Among all dosage forms tablet is the most popular dosage form existing today because of its convenience of self-administration, compactness and easy manufacturing. to overcome these drawbacks, immediate release dosage form has emerged as alternative oral dosage forms. Immediate drug release dosage forms disintegrate quickly after administration with enhanced rate of dissolution. The basic approach used in development tablets is the use of superdisintegrants like Cross linked Polyvinylpyrrolidone or crospovidone (Polyplasdone), Sodium starch glycolate (Primogel, Explotab), carboxymethylcellulose (Croscarmellose) etc. In this field immediate release liquid dosage forms and parenteral dosage form have also been introduced for treating patients. The development of immediate release therapy also provides an opportunity for a line extension in the marketplace, a wide range of drugs e.g., anticoagulant and other drugs can be considered candidates for this dosage form. The development of immediate release therapy also provides an opportunity for a line extension in the marketplace, a wide range of drugs e.g., anticoagulant and other drugs can be considered candidates for this dosage form.
Keywords: Immediate release, super disintegrates, direct compression, wet Granulation
2. Bhavin Patel, Dr. M.S. Ranawat, Dr. Chetan Singh Chauhan, Jaimin Modi Design, Development and Characterization of Immediate Release Tablet of Pioglitazone. JPSBR, March April 2013; 3(2): 91-99.
3. Aulton`S Pharmaceutics, The Design & Manufacture Of Medicines,Biopharmaceutics And Pharmacokinetics, A Treatise, Second Edition, Valabh Prakashan, 315-384. Syed A, et al, â€œImmediate Release Drug Delivery Systems: A Reviewâ€, International journals of Biopharmaceutical & Toxicological Research., 2001.
4. Ansel`S Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms & Drug Delivery Systems, Eighth Edition, 227-260.
5. Abhinav Singh Rana, S L Hari Kumar â€œManufacturing Defects of Tablets - A Reviewâ€, Journal of Drug Delivery & Therapeutics, 2013; 3(6): 200-206.
6. Vaishali Kilor, Nidhi Sapkal, Awari J, Shewale B. Development And Characterization Of Enteric-Coated Immediate-Release Pellets Of Aceclofenac By Extrusion/Spheronization Technique Using Carrageenan As A Pelletizing Agent, AAPS Pharmscitech, 2010; 11(1): 336-343.
7. Manish Jaimini* and Saurabh Rawat- A Review on Immediate Release Drug Delivery System, RJPBCS, April-June 2013; 4(2): 1726.
8. Patel JA et al. Formulation and evaluation of immediate release tablet of azithromycin by dry granulation method using super disintegrants. American Journal of PharmTech Research 2011; 1(4): 211-218.
9. . Pinate D et al. Formulation and evaluation of pravastatin sodium immediate release tablets. International Research Journal of Pharmacy 2012; 3(5): 309-313.
10. . Dedhiya et al, â€œLercanidipine immediate release compositionsâ€ United States Patent Application 2006.
11. Dandare MS et al. Bilayer tablet: A Novel approach for immediate release of telmisartan and hydrochlorthaizide combination. International Journal of Pharmacy & Technology April 2012; 4(1): 3970-3983.
12. . Reddy KM et al. Formulation and evaluation of immediate release tablets of linezolid. International Journal of Pharmaceutical & Biological Archives 2011; 2(4): 1230-1235. .
13. Rawlins EA. Tablets and Capsules. In: Bentleys.Text book of pharmaceutics. New Delhi: All India Traveller Publishers., 2006; 234-310.
14. Cooper, J., Gunn, C., â€œPowder flow and compactionâ€, In: Carter SJ, eds. Tutorial Pharmacy. CBS Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi, India., 1986; 211-233.
15. Eriksson et al, â€œNew oral immediate release dosage formâ€ United States Patent Application 20060034 91.
16. Thosar et al, Immediate release eplerenone compositions United States Patent 6410054.
17. Forsman et al, Immediate release tablet, United States Patent 652125
18. Sood R et al. Immediate release antihypertensive valsartan oral tablet: A Review. Journal of Scientific Research in Pharmacy May 2012; 1(2): 20-26.
19. Luber et al, Immediate release tablet, United States Patent 7323192.
20. Hitesh P P, et al, â€œFormulation & evaluation of immediate release tablets of Zolpidem tartrate by direct compressionâ€, International journal of pharmaceutical science review & research., 2011; 7: 80-82.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).