SYNTHESIS AND ANTIMICROBIAL SCREENING OF SOME IMIDAZOLIDINE DERIVATIVES OF ISONICOTINAMIDE
New series of N (2-alkyl/aryl-5-oxo-imidazolidine-1-yl) isonicotinamide derivatives were synthesized by the reaction of Schiff base with amino acetic acid in the presence of 1:4 dioxane. Synthesized compounds were evaluated for their Anti-bacterial activity against Staphylococcus aureus and Echerichia coli, Antifungal activity against Candida Albicans and Anti-tubercular activity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Synthesized compounds show significant activity against bacterial, fungal and mycobacterium strains. Their structures were established on the basis of elemental analysis, IR, 1H NMR and Mass Spectral data.
2. Patel R, Bhandari A, Synthesis and antimicrobial screening of some thiazolidine derivatives of isoniazid, Der Chemica Sinica, 2016, 7, 8-13.
3. Patel R, Bhandari A, Synthesis and Antimicrobial Screening of Some 4-Substituted-3-Chloro-2-Oxo-Azetidine Derivatives, Asian J Res Chem, 2014, 7, 950-953.
4. Ramuz H, 1981 U S Patent No. 4244957.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).