METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF IRBESARTAN CHLORTHALIDONE AND CILNIDIPINE IN THEIR COMBINED TABLET DOSAGE FORM BY HIGH PERFORMANCE LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY
The present work describes a validated reverse phase high performance liquid chromatographic method for simultaneous estimation of Irbesartan chlorthalidone and cilnidipine in tablet dosage form. The quantification was carried out using C18 column (250 x 4.6mm, 5Î¼m) and mobile phase comprised of Buffer, Acetonitrile and TEA in a proportion of 80:20:0.1 %v/v/v. The flow rate was 1.0 ml/min and the eluent was monitored at 222 nm. The selected chromatographic conditions were found to effectively separate Irbesartan Chlorthalidone and cilnidipine were 3.807 min, 4.667 min, and 6.887 min respectively. Linearity was found to be in the range of 30-90 Î¼g/ml, 1.25-3.75 Î¼g/ml and 1-3 Î¼g/ml for Irbesartan Chlorthalidone and cilnidipine respectively. The percentage recoveries of all the drugs were found to be 99.27-99.81%, 99.57-99.99% and 99.22-99.44% for Irbesartan, chlorthalidone, and cilnidipine. The proposed method was found to be fast, accurate, precise, and reproducible and can be used for simultaneous estimation of these drugs in a tablet.
2. â€œDrug profile for Chlorthalidoneâ€, Sep 2015,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Chlorthalidone
3. â€œDrug profile for Cilnidipineâ€, Sep 2015, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cilnidipine.
4. â€œDrug profile for Cilnidipineâ€, Sep 2015, www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB03614
5. Niraimathi V, Jerad SA, Kumar SI. Uv Spectrophotometric Methods For The Estimation OF Chlorthalidone In Bulk and Oral Dosage Form. Indo American J. Pharm,2013; 3(9):7160-7167.
6. Rang and Delâ€™s Pharmacology; 6th Edn; Churchil levingstone Publishers (P) Ltd, New York, 2004, pp 277-285.
7. Dong WM. Modern HPLC for Practicing Scientists; A Wiley- Inter science publication, USA, 2006, pp 1-9.
8. Kazakevich Y and LoBrutto R. HPLC for pharmaceutical Scientists; A John Wiley and sons, 2007, pp 1-6.
9. Mhaske RA, Sahsrabhdhe S, mhaske AA, â€œRP-HPLC Method For Simultataneous Determination of Irbesartan, Losartan, Hydro-Chlorothiazide And Chlorthalidoneâ€“Application To Commercially Available Drug Productsâ€ Int. j. pharm. Sci. and res., 2014; 1116-1123
10. Gandla K, Rao JS, Kumar JR, â€œNew Stability Indicating Validated RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Irbesartan and Atorvastatin in Combined Tablet Dosage Formsâ€ Ame. J. pharm. Tech. res., 2015; 5(4):380-390
11. Gandla K, Suthakaran R, Kandoji P, â€œDevelopment and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Irbesartan and Simvastatin in Tablet Dosage Formâ€ Ame. J. pharm. And health res., 2014; 2(10):199-205
12. Patel S, Patel Dâ€ Simultaneous Determination of Metoprolol Succinate And Chlorthalidone By UV Spectrophotometric Method.â€ Pharmagene. 2013; 1(3):39-43
13. Naazneen S, Sridevi A,â€ Stability-Indicating RP-HPLC Method For The Simultaneous Estimation of Azilsartan Medoxomil And Chlorthalidone In Solid Dosage Forms. â€ Int. J. of Pharm. and Pharm. Sci. 2014; 6(6):236-243
14. Kalaiselvi P and Lalitha K G, â€œDevelopment and Validation of RP-HPLC Method For The Simultaneous Estimation of Chlorthalidone And Irbesarton In Pharmaceutical Dosage Form.â€Pharmacophore.2014; 5(2):279-286.
15. Lee KH, Park HJ, Shin CY, Myung CS â€œPharmaceutical composition comprising cilnidipine and telmisartanâ€, European Patents, PCT/KR2009/002539, 2010
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).