SYNTHESIS AND ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITY OF THE 2-METHYL BENZIMIDAZOLE
2-methyl benzimidazole is a heterocyclic organic compound having an important pharmacophoric group which is used in medicinal industry. o- Phenyldiamine was treated with acid in the presence of polyphosphoric acid and other solvents. The presence of specific group was determined by FTIR spectroscopy. The obtaining compound was screened by the antioxidant activity by using the DPPH method.
Key words- 2- methyl benzimidazole, o- phenyldiamine, antioxidant activity, DPPH method.
2. Gurvinder S., et al., Benzimidazoles: the latest information on biological activities, IRJP 2013, 4 (1). ISSN: 2230- 8407.
3. Nomi Srestha N., A review on chemistry and biological significance of benzimidaole nucleus, IOSR Journal of Pharmacy 2014. (e)-ISSN: 2250-3013, (p)-ISSN: 2319-4219.
4. Shukla, Synthesis and Biological Screening of benzimidazole derivatives, IJPSR, 2012; Vol. 3(3): 922-927.
5. Tupe A. P., et al., Synthesis analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity of some 2-substituted 3- acetic acid benzimidazole derivatives, RJPBCS, April â€“ June 2013, Vol. 4 , Issue 2 ,Page No. 928.
6. Sanahanbi N. et al., Synthesis of Some Schiffâ€™s Bases of 2-Methyl Benzimidazole Derivatives and Screening of Analgesic and Anti-Inflammatory Activities, CODEN(USA): AJBPAD, 2013, Issue 2 (Vol. 4).
7. Marriappan G et al, Synthesis and evaluation of Mannich bases of benzimidazole derivatives, Indian Journal of Chemistry, September 2011, vol.50B, pp.1216-1219.
8. Shukla C Srivastava S, Biologically active oxadiazole, Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2015; 5 (6):8-13
9. Ansari K. F., et al., Synthesis and biological activity of some heterocyclic compounds containing benzimidazole and beta - lactam moiety, J. Chem. Sci., Vol. 121, No. 6, November 2009, pp. 1017â€“1025.
10. Hamdan S., et al., Synthesis and Biological Activities of Some Benzimidazoles Derivatives, J. Appl. Sci. Environ. Manage. Sept, 2011 Vol. 15 (3) 451 â€“ 454.
11. Chimirri A et al., Synthesis and biological activity of novel 1H,3H-thiazolo[3,4-a]benzimidazoles: non-nucleoside human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcriptase inhibitors, Antiviral Chemistry & Chemotherapy 10:211â€“217.
12. M.S. Shingare., et al., Synthesis of Mannich Bases of Possible AntiViral Agents, Asian Journel of Chemistry, Vol.8, No.2 (1996), 225-228.
13. K Sreena et al, Synthesis and Anthelmintic Activity of Benzimidazole Derivatives HYGEIA / Vol.1, No.1/March-Aug, 09.
14. Ramanpreet et al. Benzimidazole derivatives-An overview, IJRPC 2011, 1(3).
15. B. Cakir., et al., Synthesis and anticonvulsant activity of some (2:4-substituted) benzaldehyde (2-oxobenzothiazolin-3-yl) acetohydrazones , Farmaco, 1999, 54, 842â€“845.
16. Kalyankar T. M., et al., Review on Benzimidazole Derivative, International Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2012, Dec., Vol. 3 (4).
17. Kapuriya K., et al., Benzimidazole: A promising Lead for AntiCancer Drug Design, UJP 2013, 02(03): Page 57-62.
18. Patil A., et al., A systemic review of benzimidazole derivatives as an antiulcer agent. Rasayan Journal of Chemistry, 1(3): 447-460.
19. Reddy B. A., Synthesis and Characterization of Some Benzimidazole Derivatives using as Antihypertensive Agents., JPRHS 2010, 2(1): 103-113.
20. Wright J. B., The chemistry of the benzimidazole, 1951; 38: 397-541.
21. Kalidhar U., et al., An Overview on Some Benzimidazole and Sulfonamide Derivatives with Anti-Microbial Activity, RJPBCS , October â€“ December 2011, Volume 2, Issue 4 Page No. 1116
22. Furniss B. S., et al, Vogelâ€™s Text book of Practical Organic Chemistry, 5 ed., Longman Scientific and Technical, England,1989; 1163.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).